In room cooking ideas for light meals

fair point but there are SO many questions asking it on park moms panel and various forums so??

Cooking in a room IS explicitly allowed according to Disney park Moms multiple posts who all suggest requesting a microwave(but always say getting one cant be guaranteed) to prepare food in rooms that dont have a kitchenette.

so Cooking itself isn’t the issue.

Anyway my mind is made up :slight_smile: gonna make the sanh/wrap etc up ad then pop it in the ffod court appliances on the way out.

3 Likes

I just received a POFQ scavenger hunt digital from Meg within 5 days or so for $8 very happy with it.

1 Like

Once we brought our own coffee maker to our room at ASMovies for 10 days w/ daily housekeeping and no one said BOO about it. I don’t think I’d bring a forman grill w/ me, but maybe a toaster if I really wanted one… unless they had a microwave b/c you can do a lot w/ that and a coffee maker.

1 Like

OK, but there is a difference in a microwave and a Foreman Grill.

1 Like

yes microwave MUCH more dangerous, much hire voltage and larger risk of fire from leaving foil on something or injuries due to superheating a liquid etc.

1 Like

As a brit perhaps a kettle is more tempting than any other appliance! I hate weeks of coffe flavoured tea made out of not hot enough water!

5 Likes

But they’re not splattering grease everywhere.

Yes, I’ve had one of those Foreman Grills and even though I followed the directions explicitly it still splattered grease everywhere.

1 Like

oh those electric kettles are fabulous, and you can use them for heating up other things as well… if you don’t have a microwave.

back to your original question: Don’t forget how incredibly small the mini fridge is :unamused: when placing your grocery order. Think of things that don’t require refrigeration. The resort gift shop has mini items too: ketchup, mayo, mustard, lunch meats, cheese slices, bread for sandwiches. The food court will have fruit, yogurt.

2 Likes

I saw someone make a grill cheese sandwich w/ an iron :grimacing: I think it was meant to be a funny.

2 Likes

Like hot dogs

2 Likes

oh yes :wink:

And also that it may not actually be a fridge but a beverage cooler, which does not get as cold.

6 Likes

In short you can do a lot w/ some creativity. Light meals of bread, fruit, cheese can be accomplished. Sandwiches too.

since you’ll be there for 3 weeks… you’ll have to have multiple grocery orders

2 Likes

You can do small ham steaks, hamburgers and hotdogs on the George foreman grill. I took mine to the thrift store after we got the ninja foodi grill but have been grilling on the gas grill during the summer.

I was actually going to suggest this as a very real and definitely allowed alternative to the mini grill. With a roll of aluminum foil and an iron, you can make all kinds of toasted sandwiches and reheat all kinds of things. Butter or spray oil to keep it from sticking.

In high school, we had to do a demonstration project for English. I made grilled cheese sandwiches using an iron for the entire class! I used to do this when traveling fairly regularly. Just need to see if the hotel has irons available or need to get provide your own.

1 Like

oh, the foil is a good idea. All resort rooms still have irons.

I do not want to be held accountable for the ruin of an iron :laughing:

1 Like
2 Likes

The Orlando Sentinel, no less… ummmm it’s almost as if they are encouraging their vast tourist visitors to make their own lunch in their hotel rooms :laughing:

1 Like

Not really. My optometrist, nearing retirement, was telling me how he used to bring his family to conferences. His colleagues told him to take the leftover bagels from the conference for his daughters. He would “toast” them with foil on top of the iron?

1 Like