Important straw news update

@missoverexcited - cozies - are sleeves you put around beer bottles or beer cans in the USA to keep your hands from getting cold since we prefer our beer ICE cold. the colder the better!!

You could do them in team colours, university colours, with corporate logos on them. There is a HUGE market for these. Get yourself on Shark Tank straight away. There could be a Disney line with all your favourite characters.

I was wrong before. This is a billion dollar idea.

2 Likes

Cozies sounds reasonable. Coozies sounds likeā€¦well Iā€™m not going to say because if I did Iā€™d have to ban myself.

5 Likes

Or just get silicone straws and not metal onesā€¦

1 Like

You get banned for saying ā€œcootiesā€?

1 Like

I think theyā€™d be harder to keep hygienically clean.

Yes, thisā€¦

1 Like

The ones I got came with a cleaner ā€œsnakeā€ - no different than the kits Iā€™ve seen with metal ones.

2 Likes

Yes. Youā€™re out.

2 Likes

Boil them.

Iā€™d much prefer the metal straws to silicone, though. I hate the way silicone feels. (I have an aversion to weird textures).

1 Like

Thereā€™s no way to ask this discreetly: are your, er, straws stiff or floppy?

4 Likes

According to this, those are spelled koozies ā€¦?

1 Like

Iā€™ll be back. Try stopping me.

1 Like

Silly, silicone is distinctly floppy.

Now that may get you a ban! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Stiff-ish. They hold their shape and slight bend at the top, but they are not rigid like metal.

3 Likes

Then theyā€™re hard to clean. Itā€™s much easier to clear, you know, rigid things. And doesnā€™t rubbery stuff act as a dirt magnet?

I donā€™t care. Iā€™ll start my own site: www.touringplans.xxx

4 Likes

Silicone is very easy to clean, though. Really, all you have to do is boil them. No worse than baby bottle nipplesā€¦

But take that up with @lizzieanne771, as she owns some, while I do notā€¦ I own metal ones.

That seems not convenient.

2 Likes