My 60-day window opens this Wednesday! Since we are staying offsite but at a hotel with Disney perks, we will have to get up 7 mornings at 3:50 AM our time for FPP. Praying that we will not have another Pacific Gas & Electric Public Safety Shutdown in the next 9 days! This is our 2nd trip to WDW. Last trip was in 2012. I’m nervous and doubting myself after months of lurking and asking questions here. Please help.
I’m outlining our TPs and highlighting the stuff I’m nervous about as questions.
We will be in MK two days, Sunday, December 15th and Saturday, December 21st. Here’s the outline to my TP for MK on the 15th, a party night, ahead of FPP:
- I’m hoping for FPP at 9:30 AM for BTMR, 10:30 AM for PPF, and 11:30 AM Space Mountain.
- The kids have a PPO at BOG. Hopefully, 7DMT will be operational and they can get on before the RD crowd. They may go on twice.
- If the kids don’t do 7DMT twice, they will head to BTMR (It’s their favorite ride.) after 7DMT and ride 2-3 times on hopefully short SB and then use the FPPs. DH and I will meet them at BTMR.
- If they do 7DMT twice, DH and I will RD 7DMT. Then, we will head to BTMR for FPP and/or SB.
- We will catch some short lines in Fantasyland on the way to PPF for FFP.
- After PPF, we will catch some more short lines in Fantasyland as we head to Space Mountain for FPP.
- The remainder of the day, we will work around what FFPs are available and what lines are short.
- I’m not sure I can get FPP for BTMR or PPF in the morning. Dibbs has been showing availability in the PM. Should I grab the earliest times available for BTMR and PPF and try to modify like crazy leading up to our trip?
- When should I finalized my TP? I have evaluated the above plan in more detail in TP and with ideal additional FPPs. We will finish by 6 PM. Leftover rides and shows, and gawking will happen on Saturday.
We will be in AK for EMH on Monday, December 16th for RD. Here’s the outline to my TP for AK ahead of FPP:
- I’m hoping for FPP at 9 AM for Navi, 10 AM for EE, and 11 AM for Kali.
- We are RDing for FOP at EMH, maybe riding it twice? And then getting SD for Navi before FPP.
- Along the way, we want a FPP for Dinosaur.
- Family loves EE. If the SB lines are short, we may ride it 2-3 times.
- We want to do Meet & Greet in Dinoland, catch Finding Nemo, It’s Tough to Be a Bug and Otter Grotto.
- I’m not sure I can get Navi in the morning. Dibbs has been showing availability in the PM. Should I grab the earliest times available for Navi and try to modify leading up to our trip?
- Does anyone think we can get on FOP 2x during EMH? Or should we hope for a second ride using SDD? I was hoping to ride FOP and Navi twice since we have never ridden them. I was also hoping to get all the Pandora rides done in the morning to minimize having walking back with SDD. I do plan to return to Pandora after dark for dinner and gawking.
- Is ROL worth it? ROL seems very mixed. We’ve never seen it. People say that it we may have to stand in land 45-60 minutes, even with a FPP to get in to see ROL. I don’t know if we want to waste 45-60 minutes waiting to get in to see it. We love AK for the ambience and food . And we will only have 1 day in AK.
We will be in HS on Wednesday, December 18th. If HS has EMH that day, we will be there. We have tentatively allotted Friday, December 20th for HS also. Nobody knows what’s going to happen with the second ride tentatively scheduled to open on December 5th. What a mess of a TP for close to Christmas! But here’s the outline to my TP for HS on the 18th ahead of FPP:
- I’m hoping for FPP at 9:30 AM for VOLM, 10:30 AM for ST, and 11:30 AM for TT. They seem doable.
- We are RDing for TSL, SDD, TSM, and meet and greet.
- The VOLM is just a throw away.
- We also want to ride, RNRC, and maybe both of the new rides in Galaxy Edge. We do have an Oga’s reservation at 2:15 and a Story Book Dining reservation at 8:15.
- TP says if we do SB for RNRC and Galaxy Edge rides, we will end pretty close to 7 PM.
- If we do Fantasmic, Star Wars Fireworks, and anything else will have to be done on Friday.
• Are there normally RNRC SDD?
• I just feel like we aren’t necessarily doing much in HS for the time spent there.
And I haven’t decided if we will do MM with all the PhotoBox issues. I know real people have come back but I’ve also read that real people will be temporary until Disney fixes the algorithm to the photo boxes. We did MM in 2012 and loved it. But we actually loved it for the borders and stickers and not necessarily for the pictures. I understand that the borders and stickers are no longer available. You can weigh in on this matter, too. TIA, everyone!