I'm left with more questions than answers

And now that i’ve got the “dining cancellation email” I’m left with even another question.

“However because you have a valid theme park admission, you will have access to the theme park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other guests”
“you’ll also be provided the first access to make new reservations”

this says nothing of whether I will have access to book for my other guest who may or may not have a valid ticket because I’m not sure when her annual pass is expiring and I can’t renew it.
I’m wondering if They will allow access to book reservations for your whole party even though they might have tickets yet. It doesn’t really say either way?

1 Like

I’ve heard people are renewing APs and even buying new ones. Maybe that’s just for DVC?

I suppose that could be an option, although I really don’t want to. We weren’t planning on more than one trip this year so Its really not financially worth it, plus considering this trip may or may not be included in her current annual pass.
I am also going through a refinance of my mortgage and was told not to charge any large purchases either.

1 Like

The number of AP reservations you can make will be a driving factor for me (that and the whole when will my country let me out…) If I can’t reserve at least 7 days in one week; there is no point going. I still want to go because I really want a vacation; but on the flipside; I feel much safer where I am in western Canada.

2 Likes

Anyone else not get an e-mail from Disney? I have an onsite trip planned in October thru a travel agent and an onsite visit in December that I booked myself. I haven’t received anything from Disney for either one. It has me a little worried.

Me! Package booked 7/30-8/7 and no emails at all. FPP all gone, some ADRs gone but most remain.

No emails at all for room only booked in Nov. I have ticket media attached to MDE as well

My dining reservations are still showing up. We have tickets, but haven’t linked them yet. That’ s on my list to do today. I chatted with Disney yesterday and they said give it a couple weeks. My interpetation is call today.

1 Like

The only ADRs still showing for early August for me are GG, Sci Fi, and our EMM at MK.

I apologize if this has been talked about anywhere. I haven’t heard back from my agent, and I was curious. Any thoughts on what happens with a package reservation that starts before the park opens? We are booked July 7-14. The trip was for my daughter’s graduation. She wants to rebook later because Star Wars was the main focus for her, and it will not be open. The same for my son because Epcot is his favorite. We will be going to a relative’s vacation house in Florida instead with my parents. The trip was also for my 20th anniversary. Do you think it would be possible to cancel the beginning of our trip when the parks aren’t open and keep two days at the end for just my husband and myself? The two of us would be fine with just hanging out at MK and AK and having a night or two at a resort. I’m clinging to any hope of making it there even for a short time. I don’t want to wait another year! Thanks!

I think up until now they have been cancelling stays that begin before the resorts open. Since we don’t know when that will be, it might be tricky because I don’t think they’re doing any booking or modifications just now.

I hope your TA can change it. :crossed_fingers:

There has been no guidance given for these guests that are “in limbo”. I would hope your agent would reach out to say as much, but maybe she is waiting and hoping for some decision on this by Disney? In any case, it is entirely unclear what happens to these folks like yourself. Sorry :frowning:

Where did you read that Star Wars will not be open?

If you are staying offsite you will have less likelihood of gaining access than if you are staying onsite.

I am sure that once making modifications comes up you will be able to modify to keep what you want (the end). But when making modifications will be possible is not known.

We were set to leave on the 14th. I thought HS and Epcot closed until the 15th. We do have an onsite reservation at FQ. Thanks for the insight! I guess I’ll keep the reservation for a little while longer and see what comes up!

1 Like

Thanks! I would love to keep a day or two!

You’re correct, DHS opens on the 15th. Sorry for your DD. :frowning:

That’s correct. I see @OBNurseNH’s confusion, but I figured you must have just meant that the park that has Star Wars (HS) wouldn’t be open during that trip window, which is true.

Yes, sorry! I wasn’t clear. I couldn’t believe that Hollywood was opening the day after we leave! Of all the luck! My kids both love Disney, but Galaxy’s Edge was the big draw for this trip. We’re big Star Wars fans. Our dog is named Skywalker!

Oh . Important detail. Yes. that won’t be open. Oops