I'm left with more questions than answers

Has anyone seen anything discussing the tickets that expire December 2020 for trips which were previously cancelled due to closure. I’ve been looking for an article discussing how those will be handled but I have not seen anything yet. I do have a resort reservation in October, but I was just planning on using tickets from a cancelled March trip.

You’ll get a refund.

3 Likes

Passes will be extended by the number of days of park closure (117?)
Or you can call and be refunded a prorated amount.

Everyone feels that their group should be top priority. I get what you are saying, but please try to be patient just a little longer.

2 Likes

What would you change, if you could?

I would change resorts. We’re at Wilderness Lodge right now, but since we booked it we decided we’d rather have other transportation options available, like at the crescent lake resorts over by Epcot. It is what it is – I am looking forward to WL, but if I could switch, I would.

1 Like

I have the recovery deal, early August. I need to change one guest in my party and hope it won’t be a problem. Otherwise I’ll be testing the limits of the changes allowed in guest profile…changing DS11 into a 18…er 17 yo girl!

After they removed the deal I called to try to change my resort and wasn’t able to without losing the deal. But I think you have a good chance of being able to change out guests on the reservation. At least in the past that hasn’t been an issue. Good luck!

But the parks aren’t truly reopen for passholders to visit when they want if you need a reservation to get into the park. How is that adequate to only base it on 117 days when you aren’t truly open for business?

2 Likes

I would think not since it doesn’t change any parameters or price. She would only be the second “adult” on the reservation. I also found myself unable to make date/resort changes to my December bounceback. Seems they are really doing their best to get people to cancel free dining. But at the same time I’m hesitant to change the name with so many unknowns…will the seniors end up going to college early and have to miss the trip? Or will my sons’ GF’s parents change their minds? My FPP date is coming up soon but maybe that doesn’t even apply now. So many questions!

My FPP day is today and so far, no dice. Keep getting the “we had to duck out” message. I just assume that there will not be FPP, at least not in the way we’ve been used to. I guess we’ll see.

1 Like

Well, in fairness Disney hasn’t said anything about that yet. But you will get back at least that much in either park days or prorated funds.

Again, I understand it has been a long wait, but there’s only so much they can do at one time.

3 Likes

Very well said, It has been a little more than 24 hours since WDW announced the re-opening. There are a million and one different moving pieces that have to be put together to make this work.

4 Likes

I agree. I am also an out of state passholder.

I’m an out-of-state pass holder and I’m just treading water. If it is only the closed WDW days for AP extension, that’s fair/fine with me because I didn’t have July or August plans that I might trash based on conditions, but I think it is fair to expect Disney to extend the AP dates further if so. I have Sept plans, but if I have to cancel because the un-lockdown proves horrific, I do and will expect a further extension of the dates because guests are not comfortable from a public health safety perspective to travel and visit. But I’m not there yet. Right now, I’m hoping.

3 Likes

Mr. Miyagi!

1 Like

Another question. We made our hotel reservations months ago but hadn’t bought our tickets yet. We were holding onto our money until closer to Fast Pass day. So will that still give us any priority or will they cancel us since we don’t have tickets. This is almost making me sick just worrying about it. I know they are still working things out but we were planning on going as long as the parks were open. It didn’t matter about face masks, no parades etc. Now maybe it won’t happen.

I’m wondering this as well. My immediate family all have annual passes, but for this trip I booked two studios with our DVC points - one of which another family member is staying in without an AP. We also have not purchased tickets for the same reason. I am wondering if that is one of the things that will be addressed when they reach out to those in the first wave and allow them to purchase tickets at that time.

Update: there is no longer any such thing as FastPass day.

Please read the thread “Big News For Dining & FP”

1 Like

Not as big of news as the dining and fp changes but Disney also revised their mask policy to include anyone 2 years and older now whereas before it was 3 years and up.