I'm going to Disneyland Paris!

wow that’s encouraging! WDW is cheaper than DL. I can only stay 3 nights at DL for the price of a week at WDW.

I booked Newport Bay. The difficulty is that not all of the hotels have reopened, rather like WDW. I would love to try the renovated New York, which has been Marvel-themed. But it’s not open yet.

I chose Newport Bay because it’s a higher specification than the other affordable options, and is somewhat closer to the parks. The Disneyland Hotel is ridiculously unaffordable.

4 Likes

I was looking at DLR the other day. Mind you - I can barely leave my own state much less continent - but a girl can dream.

These Marvel rooms looked fabulous to me.
“Someday,” she keeps saying to herself.

2 Likes

I’ve recently begun thinking about taking the kids to Disneyland Paris once the world is healthy again. I travel abroad frequently, but almost always by myself (it’s my personal time, HA!) The kids have recently started asking to come with me, but I think they’d have major culture shock. So I’ve been thinking, maybe if we do Disney in different countries and use that as a jumping off point to get the kids to experience another culture. It would be kind of like when I want them to try a new food so I put it on the plate with something familiar?

I look forward to your trip report!

For my 50th, my dream is to visit three castles in 3 weeks. I want to work my way from DLP to WDW (I will have to break my “no WDW in summer vow though since my birthday is in July) and then finish at DLR (the OG Park). I have just under 3 years to save and plan.

8 Likes

They might have culture shock, but what a great experience! I think it’s good to experience other cultures and countries at a young age if you can manage it.

Well, my October flights to Orlando have just been cancelled. So it’s official — I really am going to Disneyland Paris! Woohoo. Unless that gets cancelled to.

Next planned WDW trip is April 2021.

4 Likes

Sorry about WDW, but I’m glad they cancelled the flight on you and it wasn’t you needing to pull that plug.
I’m excited you’re going to DLP!
Are they doing fireworks shows yet?

2 Likes

On one level, it’s terrific news. I booked two flights — one for me and one for a friend. The friend can’t travel so I was going to lose the whole of the cost of that flight because it was non-refundable. But because Virgin cancelled, I get all the money back.

So financially, it’s good news.

And I’m genuinely excited to go back to DLP after a decade away.

I don’t think so. No parades, either. But cavalcades like they’re doing at WDW.

5 Likes

Will the cost of two trans-Atlantic flights totally cover DLP? This could be full of positives.

2 Likes

Could your friend go to Paris???

Easily.

It actually is. My financial position is much better as a result. And I still get some Disney action. Just three park days rather than five. And in Paris rather than Orlando. But with no nine-hour flight wearing a mask. Each way. And all the airport horrors. Just a serene 186mph train ride under the sea. Under three hours each way.

9 Likes

If I lived that close, I would be going all the time!

4 Likes

Don’t think it hasn’t very recently occurred to me!

4 Likes

It’s not that easy.
I’m told that over the pond a 300 mile trip should take place over multiple days.

(I’d go that far for a day trip!)

1 Like

This might be hard, but rationally it is great news! You will be saving a ton a money and now you are free to decide when you want to go to WDW without having to deal with sunk costs.

If you trust Disney Tourist Blog, WDW will stay uncrowded longer than you will be restricted from entering, so there should be a nice window for a crowd-free next visit.

1 Like

I mean, maybe, but with @ryan1 I can randomly heart posts in his report and leave him racking his brain trying to figure out what it means. So there’s that.

4 Likes

I honestly don’t put thought into whether my posts are liked or not, nor why. Since I can’t figure it out, no point trying to!

2 Likes

Our human ways can be confusing.

3 Likes

a mixed bag of news. sadly, your trip was officially canceled (the second this year, too). it’s great the flights were refunded. big, big win. (in my brain, that opens opportunities for more spending in october and april.) you’re going to dlp and have wdw planned for april. seems like good favor all around. i’m hanging in to see how things progress.

1 Like