I'm going to be honest. I pretty much think Universal sucks

Nope, F&F is rubbish.

4 Likes

I should have listened to you. It’s not like I wasn’t warned! And we waited a horrendously long time for both this and Fallon (which I also hated) even with Express pass.

3 Likes

I was actually swayed towards trying it based on this one single comment from @sanstitre_has_left_the_building that it might possibly just be slightly entertaining!! Really no? Lol!! PS I know how vehement you are about it @brerbeer - don’t get worked up!! :joy:

1 Like

I quite enjoyed Fallon. Pre-show was a bit too niche though, since we’re not privy to the ins and outs of the show unless we choose to watch clips online (which I only do if it’s a celebrity I’m interested in).

1 Like

I think if we’d waited 10 mins we might have enjoyed it more. We waited a long time and those clips were so annoying.

Yeah, it’s not one I’d want to wait too long for. I went late in the evening.

2 Likes

I agree. I’m often a non-rider. So I have time to look at all the details, talk to CMs, poke around a bit, see shows. I appreciate that Disney has quite a bit of non-ride stuff.

I think it helps the whole experience to stay out of the shops, unless I’m specifically looking for something, which I guess might fall into the category you’re talking about.

I really think magic bands/room charge help maintain the illusion. I wonder if that will be required at the new Star Wars hotel. Or maybe they could give guests Galactic Credits with an exchange rate for earth money. That would be cool.

That would be cool. And also exemplifies why I like Diagon Alley and find it so immersive. They have a money exchange and you can exchange your money for Harry Potter money.

4 Likes

I am madly in love with this series and have a total animation crush on Anakin. :heart:

1 Like

That’s great! If I were a Harry Potter fan, I’d definitely check out WWOHP. I do know the story, but I’m not a fan, as in fanatic. Since I can’t ride some of the more physical rides, I’ve always steered away from Universal (actually I’ve never been). But that does sound awesome.

I have a total crush on live-action Anakin. I know the acting in AOTC was pitiful, but Hayden Christensen was terrific in ROTS.

2 Likes

Agreed! Dark sexy Sith is best! :purple_heart:

1 Like

I want him to be my special friend.

3 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

You get AOTC Anakin.
We get ROTS Anakin.
Fair? Fair.

Perfect! I’ll be sure to let you know how my animated affair turns out! :rofl:

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter. His acting was horrible in both cases. Only difference was the plot and writing were slightly better in ROTS. But Hayden was completely unbelievable as the man who turns into Darth Vader.

2 Likes

Well, that’s just like, your opinion, man.

1 Like

Not just mine, but yes. Haven’t met anyone in person who thinks he can act. In fact, he seems to be universally mocked for his inability to make us care about his character.

Having said that, George Lucas wrote some of the worst dialogue ever for the prequels, so it is really hard to act something well when it was written so poorly.

2 Likes

No! Not fair. He’s got a ridiculous hair-cut in AOTC.

1 Like