I'm going to be honest. I pretty much think Universal sucks

I mean I love Harry Potter but these parks just haven’t done it for me. So ready to be at Disney World. However, Cabana Bay rocks!! I highly recommend this hotel.

4 Likes

Ok, I might be being a little harsh here, but let’s just say I’m not sad to be leaving and I’m not dying to come back.

3 Likes

Do you want to elaborate? I love both IOA & USF, so I’m curious why it isn’t working for you.

2 Likes

Meh I couldn’t even tell you. I lied Bilge Rat Barges, Spiderman, and absolutely loved ET. I kept going back to ride it. I did not like any of the entertainment they had in the streets. I also loved all the kids play areas. I absolutely hated having to walk to through citywalk just to get to the freaking parks. I mean I don’t think I can say enough how much I hated that…And I think at heart I’m just a big kid and I like the old school animatronic type Disney rides…and also if I didn’t make it clear enough before I hated hated hated having to walk through Citywalk. If I never have to do that again it will be too soon.

4 Likes

Volcano Bay was really cool too, of course you don’t have to walk through Citywalk to get to it.

2 Likes

LOL… sounds like you enjoyed the parks, but it was CityWalk that rubbed you the wrong way.

6 Likes

Great news that you are going somewhere you love. I love Universal and the easy access to the parks and City Walk are just one of the reasons I love Universal. Enjoy AoA!

4 Likes

Oh! 232 days until HHN!

2 Likes

Lol, yes I’m beginning to see I have an irrational (or rational hatred? ) of it. I hate shopping and strip malls lol.

1 Like

Staying onsite versus driving to UOR is a completely different experience. Glad you gave it a shot though. If you like streetmosphere HHN has more than you can handle lol.

3 Likes

It’s funny, I love UOR and I agree with pretty much everything you said.

My family hates walking through CityWalk too! We walked back to CBBR (which we love too) along the garden path in on scorching afternoon in late May just to avoid it. It was a dry heat so it was fine :sweat_smile: but seriously, we would have had to walk through all of un air conditioned CW to get to the air conditioned bus. We were exiting IOA so were right next to the path.

We do really like Cowfish and Vivo Italian restaurants in CW. It’s the loudness of it that annoys us after a day in the parks.

1 Like

I love Universal with the express pass and never seems as crowded as WDW. So calm to me city walk for us was adult beverages and ice cream so we loved it too!

5 Likes

I’m wondering if the issue is due to Universal hosting Mardi Gras. I can see how one of the first Friday nights of the celebration at CityWalk could get our of hand and be disturbing.

I’ve had similar issues at Epcot. People boozing it up in World Showcase all day wearing their “I just can’t wait to be drinKING” Simba t-shirts and acting wild by night’s end.

3 Likes

I’m not a fan of City Walk either. When I stayed at CBBR, I would either walk to and from the parks to avoid City Walk or walk over to Sapphire Falls and take the Water Taxi.

1 Like

How can you not like Citywalk? Case in point. Voodo Donut. Jimmy Buffet’s place. Bubba Gump’s. There are two entrances to the parks off of Citywalk. One to Islands of Adventure and the other just up from it a little ways going into Universal Studios FL. Rides are totally different than Disney but they are interesting. Food for the most part can’t compare to WDW. ButterBeer! What can I say? Could not find a wand that liked me so that put a damper on things. Watch out for flying mail owls. Diygone alley was crowded but the best places to eat were at Three Broomsticks and the other one. That about sums up my feelings on the matter. :crazy_face:

7 Likes

I appreciate this thread. When we got to WDW the fam usually takes a day for Universal, I don’t usually go because the rides are too hard on me. But sometimes I am tempted…

Nah. I’ll just keep doing my usual self-indulgent day at the WS. :wink: Although I hear the Ship Shape spa is pretty nice, too.

1 Like

I love both but you really can’t beat the express pass for universal and volcano bay is a way better water park then BB and TL.

4 Likes

Flying mail owls? In the owlery? I’ve been there, but missed this.

1 Like

I love everything about UOR, but maybe only go as far as like for City Walk. Looking forward to exploring it more on our next trip though. I feel like we tend to rush through it. I don’t know if I’m missing anything or not.

3 Likes

Lol you know I actually have two VooDoo Doughnuts where I live so I’m all good.