I'm a Florida resident, ask me anything

You will have a fabulous time…enjoy! And remember we will all be waiting for a trip report and lots of pictures :wink: When we are not there, we like to read about it, lots!! Keeps the magic alive :grinning:

1 Like

Hope you are having a brilliant time.

Rain or no rain you will have an excellent time!! Safe travels!!

Hello there! I hope you enjoyed your cruise!

I am relatively new to the forum and will likely be asking questions about WDW closer to my February trip. In the meantime, I thought I’d take advantage of your generous offer to find out what you might suggest to do in Fort Lauderdale for one day for a couple in their 40s. We are going on a 3-day cruise (not Disney for once!) from Fort Lauderdale and on our last day will be spending the day in Fort Lauderdale before we fly out early the next morning. I was wondering if you could suggest some activities to do on that day – preferably nothing that costs a lot of money (saving up for our Feb Disney trip!). I’d be happy even with walking around or going to the beach. We are thinking of renting a car but would love to have suggestions about the best way to get around and to park etc. Any advice you could provide would be appreciated!
Thanks!

I don’t know if you’re still game for keeping this discussing flowing, but we are heading to WDW at the beginning of May. We have never been to a Florida beach, and we would really like to visit Clearwater. We are not interested in the aquarium; the children (ages 13 and 11) love the water and exploring boardwalks. They also love watersports, like skimboarding, but I cannot seem to find information on whether or not skimboarding is permissible, or if they are available to rent. (It’s kind of like surfing, but you skim a small, wooden board parallel to the shoreline and try to stand up and go for a ride!) It’s not always allowed at beaches. How much time should we allot for our trip to Clearwater? Should we ensure that we are there for sunset and head back to the World afterwards? Any help is appreciated! You’re clearly very knowledgeable on all things fun in Florida!

1 Like