I'm a Florida resident, ask me anything

:slight_smile: the more the merrier!!

Actually, I am a transplant (shhhhhh, don’t tell) I relocated from the midwest just over 25 years ago.

1 Like

photo credit doesn’t go to me, other photographers took those photos…
but the truth is, on any beach, especially during any sunset on the west coast, ANYONE can take a beautiful photo!

1 Like

Haha! You’ve never met my thumb that inexplicably shows up in almost every picture I take…when I’m not chopping someone’s head off that is!! We spent a week in Clearwater a few years back when DD was going through her “Winter” phase. We spent an entire day at the marine hospital…definately good for a few hours…but I was getting ready to throw myself into one of those tanks just to end the pain!!

3 Likes

ha! pesky thumbs.

Yes, I agree 100% Clearwater Aquarium is a few hour deal. Not an all day kinda place.

1 Like

I’ll bite. I live in Texas. Texas is crazy.

Why is Florida crazy? :wink:

Heck, Carl Hiassen writes whole awesome novels about how crazy Florida is (both for kids and grown ups).

2 Likes

Ahhhh Texas, I haven’t ever been, but I suspect their kind of crazy is BIG crazy.
Florida is a special kind of crazy, isn’t it?

So, while I can’t give you any actual scientific explanations for our crazy and it just wouldn’t be fair for me to take all the credit given there are somewhere upwards of 20 million other residents I should be sharing that credit with, I will share with you some of my personal theories.

1. Did you know that Florida is home to one of the vertices of the Bermuda Triangle?!! that’s right. One of the 3 corners cuts right across, or beneath, or maybe it’s above… I’m really not sure. BUT we are definitely in its configuration and I suspect there must be some kind of magnetic, paranormal, pseudoscience thing at work here. It makes this place crazy as all hell, I just know it.

I have heard stories told that it’s been like forever, or never, since a hurricane has hit the exact location of that point. But that isn’t science, and it’s probably not even true.

2. It’s actually not our fault. Well, not the residents anyhow. Florida wins the prize for the most transient states in our country. Therefore, by the math, it isn’t us Floridians, it’s all you crazy people who come to visit us. (especially inlaws)

3. TOO.MUCH.SUN. you’ve heard that saying, “too much of a good thing” yeah. that.

4. Florida is the home of the lowest high point for below sea level. I hypothesize this plays some kinda role with blood count and hemoglobin. While studies haven’t been done on below sea level blood parameters, it has been studied for high altitude. Basically, people living below sea level have lower red and white cell count. We are starving our brains down here! It probably makes us all crazy. Furthermore, California is home to the lowest below sea level point, well, and we all know what kind of crazy lives there. So surely this must be relevant.
    (that sounded pretty scientific, right?)

5. In Florida there are these creatures, we call them Palmetto bugs. (I am guessing you all must have them in Texas as well) Anyhow, if you don’t know what they are, they are like roaches on steroids. I am fairly certain they were birthed straight from the flames of the netherworld, or maybe some mad scientist’s experiment gone wrong… or, maybe very right. Anyhow, they are so big that you can hear them run across your floor. NO LIE. They can climb walls, enjoy crossing ceilings (I suspect so they can drop on you while your sleeping). These things are big enough that I am convinced they wear tennis shoes and probably carry weapons.
    OH YEAH… they also FLY!!

GIANT ROACHES THAT FLY AND CLIMB YOUR WALLS AT NIGHT.
    Tell me you wouldn’t be a crazy person forced to live under these conditions. I didn’t think so.

(I don’t mean to frighten any travelers with the giant roach bit, but if I have and you want s0me reassurances, just ask. There are some upsides to this story)

And finally, 6.
I mentioned the sun already, I know, but did I mention how flippin hot it gets here sometimes? Well, being honest, a lot of times. Like really hot. And not just hot, but humid hot. Like cut the air with a knife humid. Like dripping, sweating, sticky HOT. When you live here year round, it might start melting brain cells or something. We are already working with hindered brain function, refer to #4, it only stands to reason we are losing our faculties.

Welp,
That’s probably enough science for now. I am probably on to some solid points and fair defense of our crazyarse disposition. We might be laid back down here, but we ain’t boring!

6 Likes

Oh, yes, we also have giant roaches ie Palmetto bugs (I have a British friend who didn’t believe they could fly, until one flew right at him!). Thanks for taking the question in the nature that it was intended (and yes, we’ve got a big special crazy here in Texas).

1 Like

my pleasure!! thanks for asking the question the way you did!!
It’s a fair question, actually. :wink:

1 Like

Wow! I can’t ad nearly as much as the OP, but living in Pensacola, my general impression is that if you want beauty, go to the Gulf, if you want waves, go to the Eastz coast.

1 Like

This thread is awesome!

Ok, my first question: We are going to go swim with the manatees in Crystal River when we are there in February. Anything else we should hit up on the way there from Orlando and back?

Second question: We have a day in Port Canaveral after we get off our cruise. I’m definitely sending my husband to the Kennedy Space Center, but waffling on whether to spend the money on my daughter to go. She’s 6 and museum type places are really hit and miss with her. If I don’t take her, what and where would you recommend we go instead? She LOVES beaches and animals.

Last question: A friend that used to live in Florida showed me pictures of alligators climbing walls. CLIMBING WALLS! Have you ever seen this? Have you ever had an alligator in your yard? Does this happen as often as Gator Boys would have me believe?

(We’re from Seattle btw in case that’s useful).

Anna Maria Island is our favorite! we especially love “breakfast on the beach” at the cafe on Holmes Beach, ayce pancakes and sausage, or go for the eggs benedict! I remember the first time we took our kids there and they saw a school of rays swimming by the (now gone) pier, quite a sight for us Michiganders.

2 Likes

I am sooooooo glad there is another Florida-folk poking around this thread… you’ll do good to keep me honest. lol
Please, speak up whenever you think I have something wrong, because despite what I may believe about myself… whisperIdon’tactuallyknoweverythingwhisper :wink:

One caveat… if it is opinion or fictional based information… just smile and nod.
(you can also tell me how brilliant I am if you like)

In all seriousness… I know some areas of Florida much, much, better than others. Though, I have been (just about) all over the state at one point or another.

WOOT @Shanny81, I do love a challenge!!

This will take me a little and I am just getting some liquid life coursing through my veins (coffee, not the hard stuff)… standby :relaxed:

You stand with me on that recommendation!!?? AMI really is a little hidden Florida treasure, and that beach is designed in a way where everything is accessible and there to be enjoyed (without a 10 mile hike) yet, you can still find yourself a fair slice of space (physically and mentally) to enjoy the sea.

You’ve touched an an important detail in your reply, btw. I failed to mention in all my on and on about Atlantic vs Gulf beaches that visitors to both should become familiar with the, “stingray shuffle”. This isn’t as important on the Atlantic side, though applicable, but on the Gulf side (because of warmer water) pertinent. Certain times of year are more active than others. But, as a resident, I make it habit, every time of year.

Have you explored the island itself?

For those following along, here is a photo from Holmes Beach on Anna Maria Island.

notice the “waves”

2 Likes

Haven’t got a question (yet!) but I am loving this thread :grinning: It’s how you want travel books to read, keep going :+1:

2 Likes

I feel like I am doing some kinda good with my brain power.
Which is always preferred to being diabolical. :grin:

thank you for letting me know you’re enjoying it!!

2 Likes

Thank you. Sarasota rings a bell, they are on one of the Islands, I want to say Ann Marie, but that could be totally wrong. We like eating and drinking. DH is prob happy to drive for a couple of hours but I’d prefer to keep it close by. FIL sometimes lacks common sense when it comes to safety so there’s a chance I might only be willing to go out in the evening. We don’t like shopping, do like historical stuff and great views. I like to see local culture when I’m in a new place. If we can borrow clubs we might play golf. It would be nice to have a few ideas, but not book anything. I’m expecting DIL’s to have our week quite planned out, but I could be wrong. They might also find it rather tiring having us to stay so a few short family outings might be needed to give them a break.

OK, I think I am ready.

Crystal River is gorgeous!! The springs of Florida are such a different experience to Florida beaches, and not to be forgotten! I have been exactly here, and swam with the manatees myself. Keep in mind the water is COLD (granted, cold to me, I live in Florida) but spring fed waters are 72 degress F year round. That sounds doable, but when you are in it for extended periods of time, it’s down right chilly. I opted for a wetsuit, and was perfectly comfortable. Considering the time of year you will be visiting, Feb can have some chilly days. I would consider asking them about a wetsuit, if they don’t offer it outright.
It’s really important to follow all the rules they give you about Manatees. Manatees are to be respected and cared for. They are incredibly curious and affectionate beings. NEVER let one hug you. Seriously. They mean well, but they think you can hold your breath for copious and unreasonable amounts of time. :joy: Rub their bellies and pat their backs, and don’t get too well acquainted with any one manatee. Spread that sea cow love around, and that will help from getting an over eager cuddler!
(they should explain all this at the park)

So, to your question… traveling between Crystal River and Orlando you will travel Florida’s state road 44. There really isn’t going to be too much of interest along this trek. Enjoy the ride! Keep an eye peeled for brown colored signs, these will usually lead you to public recreation areas and scenic views. You may stumble upon a great place for a leg stretch and scenic view. You may also find driving through these small, old, townships here, some antique stores or farm stands. Don’t blink, cause you’ll miss them. There used to be a tractor museum (I use the term, “muesum” loosely here) They call it such, but if tractors aren’t your thing, you are going to find this place boring, if not just odd.
Opened in 2010, Paquette’s Historical Farmall Tractor Museum is a completely-out-of-nowhere private collection of Farmall Tractors and International Harvester machinery. Displayed in two warehouses in the middle of Florida farm country. They have tours, if you think you’re into it, and if the place is even still there.
There also used to be a “you pick” blueberry place somewhere along this route. Again, I can’t say if it is still there, and I don’t know when they open season. Some blueberry “you pick” farms here are open for the whole season, like Dec-April… some are only open at the very end, April.
The truth is, you guys will easily spend all day at Crystal River. There’s plenty to do and see in the park beyond the manatees. If you snorkel, or even better scuba, there are some impressive springs to explore.

If you don’t mind heading a little out of your way, Homosassa Springs State Park is just south of Crystal River, and though it will add some drive time to your trip back to Orlando, it shouldn’t be too bad. This is especially doable if you aren’t staying all day at Crystal River. You would however, want to get to Homosassa while it is still light.
Here you will find a “zoo” of sorts. They have all the typical Florida treats, gators, water birds, manatees, and then even random other things like Hippos and whatnot. It’s a really cool place to visit. It is also an easy place to walk through in a couple of hours (or less). They have a submerged viewing station that’s pretty cool!
There’s a lot to see at Homosassa in way of hiking trails and whatnot, but to stop in for a park day, just to see the “zoo” is worth the trip.
Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park

Port Canaveral. Sadly, I have not spent a whole lot of time in this area. I haven’t myself been to the Space Center, but just about everyone I know has. I would agree with you, let your hubby go. He will enjoy the experience much more solo… and I think there is a really good chance your daughter (while there might be some things of interest there to see) will probably be mostly bored to tears at her current age.
Jetty Park Campground and Beach is over there, and might be right up her alley.
http://www.jettyparkbeachandcampground.com/park_index

They have it in the works to be opening what is pitched to be a pretty massive Aquarium project at the port. It isn’t there yet, however, and they haven’t given an opening time as of now. They have secured funds, it’s def a go, but I am not even sure if they have broken ground yet.
Brevard Zoo is the entity pitching for the plan, and they are about a 30 minute drive from the Port. It’s a small, quaint zoo… but you can consider checking that out with your girl.

(whenever you see me use zoo, in quotes “zoo” basically I am saying it is zoo like… they have animal habitats. More like a wildlife center, but with some exotic inclusions. Maybe a cafe and small gift shop. But not really a ZOO. Brevard zoo is more an actual ZOO than Homosassa)

Cocoa Beach is near the port. There is lots of shopping and what you would expect at the Port as well. There is a place in Cocoa Beach near the port called, “The Dinosaur Store” if it’s still there, if she has any interest in dinos, it might be a fun stop. You can see and purchase actual fossils from actual prehistoric life!

Florida gators and do they climb walls?.. well, not as efficiently as our giant roaches do. So, there’s that. This topic could easily become lengthy (especially with me at the helm) I will try to stick to the most important details. Gators can cross fences, walls, and other barriers. I haven’t ever seen a gator in a tree. *(and I have spent considerable time around gator infested areas, ie in the swamp and on rivers) They don’t really climb, per-say, they have VERY powerful tails and can use those to like boost themselves up and over. In this case, it all depends on the height of the wall/fence, the size of the gator, and how much it really wants to the other side. Gators can move quickly, so always stay back from them, but when scaling walls or fences, it isn’t such a quick process. Gators also lack the sticky feet that our geckos have. I suppose should one figure out the application, there could be some secret underground gator laboratory with special intelligence ops gators working out the physics behind creating suction cup attachments for their claws. But I wouldn’t concern myself too much with that.
Gators in my yard. Well, yes and no. This has happened in a way when I lived on the river. They sun themselves on the bank in the afternoon hours, so I would see them there. Living in more residential communities, it isn’t quite as common. That being said, many of our residential communities are spreading out into more inland and wild lands. Gators on porches, in pools, in yards, in driveways, in streets… all of this happens. We live on a giant pad of land that is little more than swamp with some concrete, and gators happen. Depending on where you will be in Florida (closer to cities, less gators) you could literally spend months here and never see one. Doesn’t mean they aren’t nearby, just means they stay to the waterways mostly.
There are certain times of year that gator wanderings are more apt to occur. Mating season, for example. Droughts also make them wander.

I think the most important things to know about alligators in Florida (and I really feel like this information should better disseminated, because us natives take it for granted that everyone just knows gators are here)

1. If it is fresh water, there is a really good chance there is a gator in it
  2. if there are any signs posted, “no fishing” “no swimming” “no wading” whatever… just stay OUT, completely OUT of that water. It is helpful to understand how alligators hunt. Usually in early morning or evening hours. They find their meals by feeling for ripples on the water’s edge. So any small movement, splashing, commotion on the banks, to them… they are thinking, “raccoon, armadillo, water foul, FOOD”. That’s the main point, they are thinking, “food”. (sidenote, gators don’t eat everyday! crazy huh. Maybe a wild pig or raccoon a week. Alligators also may completely stop eating in the winter. Maybe, nov-march(ish) But don’t get this confused. Just because they aren’t hungry, doesn’t mean they won’t bite. Annoy one enough, or make it feel threatened, and it has teeth and it will use them if it thinks it needs too)
  3. If you do see an alligator, LEAVE IT ALONE. Do not try to get a close up picture, no selfies, do not try to pet it, wrestle it, hug it, ask it for directions or throw a leash around its neck. They do not like any of these things.
  4. If you go out on a boat (particularly in fresh water) or canoe/kayak and you see a gator, don’t freak out. They usually will swim away from you. WITH ONE CAVEAT, gators who have become accustomed to receiving food from humans are much less shy. For this reason, space is best. Don’t linger around a gator. Don’t try to paddle closer or follow them. AND NEVER EVER for any reason FEED AN ALLIGATOR. PLEASE. They aren’t stupid. It only takes one time of someone throwing out a bit of food for them to make the connection, “people=food” you can see how this is so dangerous. It is one thing to have a curious gator watching you float by, it is another thing entirely to have a hungry gator see you and think you have his lunch.
  5. I can’t stress enough… gators don’t need to be feared. Following appropriate safety and respect of wildlife rules should leave you with an ability to admire their majesticness without putting yourself (or them) in undo risk. I have canoed and even swam in water with gators. (I DO NOT recommend swimming with gators. Just don’t do it. Really. I know I say I have, but I was young, and stupid, and lucky) Stick to swimming in water that you can see the bottom, no dark water, or water (lakes/ponds/springs) where there is a roped off area to keep you and them separate.

This kind of hair brained idea is TOTALLY not ok. I don’t care if the gator is banded (mouth tied) or if you fancy yourself the next Crocodile Hunter. Just don’t. It’s cruel to alligators, and surely you must value your children more than this. (if you’re at all curious as to why this happens, please see my reply to the question, “why are we so crazy in Florida”)

I think that about covers it!! Hope this was helpful to you!

5 Likes

@Tate. This is very helpful. I am going to just give you a list of some of my favorite things, some with entry costs, some free, some daytime, some night, and with and sans kids.
I will try to include links to help you as well. For your reference, Sarasota is about 30 min south of Bradenton and Anna Maria Island. Anna Maria Island is in Bradenton, but over a bridge. To drive from the island to the mainland, it’s about 10-15 min. Palmetto is just over the river from Bradenton, maybe a 20 min drive (depending how far you’re coming from and how far you’re going to) Palmetto is just north of Bradenton, and Saint Petersburg is just north of Bradenton and Palmetto. St Pete is about 45 mins from Bradenton.

Christmas is a great time to come! Expensive if flying, but the weather is wonderful and there is plenty of Holiday fanfare to be had. Not to mention… LIKE NO BUGS. Hardly any. It’s the perfect time to enjoy our outdoor spaces!

– Daytime –

as you may have seen earlier, Holmes Beach on Anna Maria Island is a great option. Especially if this is where you’re staying. I can’t imagine that your family wouldn’t already have this on the todo list, but head out there for breakfast on the beach, great views, playgrounds. Family friendly, reasonably priced.

Another daytime option for Bradenton is downtown. There is a (somewhat) newly installed Riverwalk and Park here. This is a great daytime or evening stroll. Kids or not. The kids will enjoy the park, you adults will enjoy the beautiful views, porch swings, and sometimes (you can check their calendar) there are special events, like concerts in the park. They have an outdoor amphitheater and miles of sidewalks and piers. My guess is there will be some special things going on here this time of year.
OH YEAH… and if you park downtown Bradenton, there is also a stretch of the river near the library and Museum that is lined with holiday light displays. They even have a Christmas boat parade here! (I don’t know the dates) You can park right next to the South Florida Museum, you can’t miss the lights! and then walk the stretch under the bridge along the riverwalk. Don’t worry about not finding your way, there are plenty of signs and it won’t be any problem once you’re parked.
http://www.realizebradenton.com/riverwalk

Speaking of the South Florida Museum, there is a charge for admission (too much in my opinion, but I’m stingy) But as a visitor to the area, this is a fantastic cultural and historic museum with a manatee aquarium. They also have a planetarium! It is definitely a family friendly location, but could be enjoyed sans kids. Some parts the kids may find boring.

If you are downtown area for any of these things, especially if you are kid-free doing it, there are two restaurants of interest. One is right next to the museum, over the water, Twin Dolphin Marina.
Just over the bridge from here, into Palmetto, there is another riverfront dining local at the end of a long pier and right over the river, Riverhouse Reef and Grill. (the reef and grill was good, but I wouldn’t rave about the food personally, BUT you CANNOT trade that view for anything.
Either of these places are kid friendly, but higher prices, and certainly a great date night for adults.

Speaking of restaurants, on Anna Maria Island itself, there is another over water at the end of the pier establishment (actually there are several) Rod and Reel Pier, The Beach House, The City Pier Restaurant. Great places for dining with the sunset!! some of these are more upscale then others, so search their webpages if you want to know more.
And try not to be too freaked out when you are walking down the piers toward the main buildings and people are fishing off of them and reeling in things like hammerheads and other marine life. They do this regularly.

Another daytime destination, Mote Marine Aquarium in Sarasota, Florida. This is a paid experience, and good for with kids, or without. If you go without the children, be prepared to cope with the guilt of finding out how much they would have LOVED it had you brought them.

Selby Gardens. This is also in Sarasota. Selby Maria is a botanical garden with some spectacular Banyan trees and other flora varieties. Beautiful, relaxing zen gardens and strolls. They recently installed a children’s “rainforest” play area. It’s pretty darn neat, actually. This can be enjoyed with or without children. One note of mention, this time of year they host their Christmas Lights Fest. Tickets must be purchased in advance, but it is something to behold. There are food fenders, holiday activities, live music, and lights. Lots and lots of beautiful lights. Kinda pricey in my opinion, but if you can swing it, you won’t regret it.

and here is a sampling of the holiday festivities
https://www.google.com/search?q=selby+gardens+christmas+lights&biw=1366&bih=659&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjJoJXvpK3PAhXIDj4KHW86CVIQ_AUIBygC
amazing, right?

Sarasota (and Bradenton as well as Anna Maria) have no shortage of dining locations. They are EVERYWHERE. Google is your friend. Hopefully, so is seafood. But we do have a plethora of other options.

Another point of interest in Sarasota is the John Mable Ringling Museum and grounds. There is a fee to enter the Museum and the Mansion on the bay (breathtaking!)
The grounds are free to explore. They have one of the greatest concentration of Banyan trees that I know of in the surrounding areas, rose gardens, many statues and art installations, as well as a circus museum and scenic views. This is a good place with or without kids. Most of it might be somewhat boring to the kids (think, quiet art museum) but there is a lot of cultural and history to be explored. They also recently installed a children’s playground.
https://www.ringling.org/
https://www.ringling.org/playspace

–Evening date night NO KIDS–
In Sarasota there is a Dinner Movie place… that’s right. you order a fancy dinner and enjoy it while taking in a film. They have a bar too!! yes, booze.
Kids are technically allowed, but, I mean. Why?
http://cinebistro.com/sarasota/

Sarasota also has a large performance theater with an impressive calendar of events. The Van Wezel Performing Arts Center has everything from ballet, broadway, concerts, you name it. Tickets usually need to be purchased in advance, especially for more popular performances. This is a great NO KID date night.
Most of their ticket sales have an option of dinner add on before the shows.
Sidenote… there is literally NOT ONE bad seat in this place. So, don’t worry about splurging on expensive seats. You will have a great view from any.

In Bradenton there is a place called “The Village of the Arts” every first Friday the month there is an evening gallery walk. This is sort of like window shopping, I suppose… BUT there are many restaurants, cafes, and a beer garden brew house! The beer garden usually has live music (especially on gallery walk nights) and the outdoor seating area is beneath a LARGE live oak. It’s quite pretty actually. They have cornhole, life sized jenga, and various other activities. The kids are welcome, but if you are thinking of walking the galleries… I might just go without them!

– Daytime FREE stuff (kids or not) –

In Bradenton, lovely walking trails and lookout tower. Robinson Preserve. No cost to enter, daytime hours, a nice walk outside. If you are in fact staying on Anna Maria, the city of Bradenton, and particularly Robinson Preserve is maybe a 10-15 min drive.

Desoto Monument. Also in Bradenton, and just minutes drive from Robinson Preserve. You could easily explore both places in the same day! No cost to enter. Historical, cultural, nature center. Indian burial mounds. Daytime hours, beautiful views!

Myakka State Park. This is actually kind of between Sarasota and Bradenton. State park. Great trails. Boat tours. Tree top suspension bridge and lookout tower (amazing views) They used to have a small walkup cafe type place where they load for the boat tours, they sold “gator nuggets” back when. Not sure if they still do, but if you are an adventurous eater, you can eat yourself some giant lizard!

the bridge walkway in the tree tops

the lookout area from atop the tower

Emerson Point Preserve. This is just outside of Bradenton, but still inside Manatee County, in the city of Palmetto. Beautiful walking trails, beach areas, live oaks dripping with cypress moss. It is a darn near pristine park. Great option for a daytime outing, easy hike/walk. They also have historic interest. Indian burial mounds and settlement information.

Myakka and Emerson point have admission costs, but it is per car-full… and I believe it is about $5.
Pack a picnic lunch and just enjoy some nature!

–DAYTIME a bit of a of a drive 45min over the Skyway Bridge with and without kids–

If you think you can venture out for an ALL DAY excursion without the children, and you are a HUGE fan of art, The Salvador Dali Museum of St Petersburg Florida is about a 40 min drive from Bradenton.

St Pete also has a couple of kid friendly museums! MOSI, which is a science and industry center. They also have an IMAX theater… and then the Great Explorations, a hands on children’s museum. The kids will LOVE these places… and you will too! Great Explorations is less expensive than MOSI

Well, I think I should probably wrap this up. There is a lot to explore in these areas and I have merely scratched the surface. I apologize for my lack of golfing information. I haven’t ever golfed. I know many people who do. There is NO shortage of places to golf here, so finding one shouldn’t be a challenge!
Make sure to visit the Bradenton, Sarasota, Anna Maria, and Palmetto visitor pages. They will have loads of other things I didn’t even mention.
Feel free to ask me about a specific place or event should you come across one you think you might consider. I am happy to give my opinion. (obviously.)

(little known fact about me… my native name is, “she who runs at the mouth”)

4 Likes

So in other words if you plan on going anywhere in Orlando that isn’t in the immediate vicinity of I-4 lol. Back in the day it was stop every 2 or 3 miles and pay .50, on every highway but I-4. I would have loved a Sunpass back then. And now you know why I-4 is forever congested.