IG via HS skyliner RD attempt 14APR2021

I wanted to try RD EC at IG via skyliner from HS. Preferred parking at HS is right next to skyliner

I left later than I wanted but as you will see it won’t get me at IG sooner than if I stayed at an EC resort or did an ADR. I didn’t want to do the later with spring break crowds filling resort parking. Plus I get free parking with my AP. There was a long que at CBR skyliner.

Got in line at 0915 hrs but didn’t board SL until 1045hrs. A CM told me they don’t start running SL to IG until an hour b4 pk opening to avoid extra long lines at IG but that I’ll be able to merge once there. We will see.

8 Likes

The line moved quickly at SL CBR. Landed at 1058hrs. There was no line to get into IG. So quiet here too. No ppl.

They are trying to dress up the monstrosities with lights and you can see a screen on one.

Sitting at Katsura Grill that’s not open yet. Did you know there’s RRs up here? And ducky joined me

Oh and., the backside of flowers :hibiscus:

9 Likes

I love that dragon topiary!

2 Likes

Oh, thanks so much for this recon work!

Our plan is to pay to self-park at the Swan to RD both Epcot and HS. Epcot will be first, so if we have to fall back to a Plan B, I was thinking of parking at HS.

So we’d be better off walking from HS to IG? (We stayed at BC last year, so did the HS/BC walk several times.)

1 Like

I wish I had walked but it was right in and CM told me mornings are slow.

2 Likes

Snack snack
Ham is way too salty

4 Likes

Where and what? :writing_hand:

1 Like

Looks like the Germany booth - cheese strudel and ham and cheese pretzel bread thingie. Two things I wanted to try but didn’t have room for! Luckily, I’m going back with DD21 in mid-may.

2 Likes

@Julianne_fki is correct. Strudel was yummy. Like cheese cake with pastry crust

3 Likes

Now lunch

7 Likes

I’m not saying I looked at pictures of every single dish on Disney Food Blog, but I might have.

5 Likes

Entertainment during snack

7 Likes

Sweet. Tell me where to find the violet colored drink :cup_with_straw: :pray:

I believe it’s at the Pineapple Promenade.

1 Like

Holy moly the Blood Orange drink is strong. Good thing I’m driving :flushed: taco are dry. Don’t see any sour cream :face_with_monocle: chicken flavored nicely though.

2 Likes

I cheated and looked at the Food/Wine app!

By the way, when we were there last week, the app added up our purchases. We spent about $123. Not bad for all day eating and drinking. It included three alcoholic beverages and the slushie in the Orange Bird sipper!

3 Likes

Is that the Blood Orange Beet Cocktail? Good to know! I had the Tang Dynasty drink at the China booth and that one was strong too! I am a light weight, however. Basically a vacation drinker. :joy:

1 Like

I believe Dreamer and her daughters are going to Epcot today! I hope you can do a Liner meet at some point!

2 Likes

I’m in the cantina

3 Likes

That’s the hope but it’s hot for me here. Soooo it’ll be a short day. The benefit of living nearby. I’m thankful for the occasional breeze and missing humidity.

1 Like