If you pack your own food for in-room breakfast

We like Flippers Pizzeria. Went there twice on our last trip.

1 Like

Ok I’ll give A try…

1 Like

Could boil some hot dogs in the coffee pot :wink:

You can have a toaster oven in a regular hotel room at Walt Disney World???

Game changer!

I can warm up my Publix croissant!!!

Not technically but people bring them

1 Like

We’d do a lot of what’s listed here already plus we get stuff like slim jims to have some actual protein. Mostly I remember the kids being thrilled to have so many pop tarts (untoasted).

1 Like

Dang it!

(I am a rule-follower.)

:cry:

1 Like

Yes. The best option is always both options.

2 Likes

I follow the spirit of the rule. So in this case, I wouldn’t bring a crockpot because I couldn’t unplug it while I wasn’t in the room. But, I’d have a toaster oven, and unplug it when I leave. The toaster over would also be new and new-ish and cleaned. The spirit of the rule is not bring anything into the room that might burn the place down.

2 Likes

My aunt is always discussing “the spirit of the law vs the letter of the law”. I’m more of a letter girl :laughing:

4 Likes

I think the spirit of the law says it’s ludicrous to bring appliances to a full-service hotel in a hyper-developed resort that features functionally-equivalent devices available for ready use in every guest location. To carry those appliances by the least-energy-efficient mode of transportation in regular use is the cherry on the ludicrous sundae.

1 Like

Listen, Kat. If we don’t bring toaster ovens, how are we supposed to toast our bagels? With the iron?

ooh… that’s a thought, actually. I could also do that to toast some New England style hot dog rolls while I boil up the hot dogs in the in-room coffee maker. DINNER! Who’s coming over?

7 Likes

In that case, the Crock Pot is by far the safer of the two appliances, because it doesn’t reach temperatures that would ignite the materials usually found in a hotel room, even if left on and unattended for hours.

With a Bernzomatic JT880 torch with the optional adapter kit for a 30 pound propane tank. You can leave it running while you’re not in the room to override the motion sensor on the air conditioner thermostat, so that you don’t come back to a brutally hot 65 degree room at the end of the day.

1 Like

Haven’t you seen This Is Us?! Good God we lost a Dad and developed major psychological issues on that damn show because of these super safe crock pots!!

4 Likes

3 Likes

Not so much as a minute of it, ever, and I believe NBC had to issue quite the [redacted]-covering statement saying it was in no way impugning the type of appliance featured that had no actual deaths attributed to it.

Well meow then.

1 Like

I was going to reply with that exact same thought! :joy:

1 Like

Beware of the hotel room iron. Those things can be more powerful than expected. My DH tried to steam some minor wrinkles out of a dress I was wearing to a wedding, minutes before we had to leave, and burned a hole in the back of my dress. Luckily it was a dress with a busy pattern and somewhat covered up by my fancy sweater.

1 Like