If you pack your own food for in-room breakfast

I somehow thought we were the only ones doing this, but then again, there’s probably a reason the resort stores have this stuff :grin:

I always buy bagels for myself, cereal and smoothies for the kids. Sometimes we’ve brough cereal and soy milk with us (doesn’t need a fridge, though it’s better cold). Granola bars and fruit for snacks. This gets us to lunch time!

1 Like

Oh wow. Lots of ideas. Thanks everyone. My wife wil think I’m pretty smart now when I come back with all your ideas (as my own). I forgot, we are driving to Orlando and have learned to take the Horizons West exit off Hyw 429 south to drive into the bubble from the north. There is a Walmart at that exit where we can stock up on groceries.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I really love good cheese and bread for breakfast-sometimes I get tired of sweet stuff and I don’t like eggs.

2 Likes

Instant oatmeal worked well for us using the microwave in a studio.

I’ll bring full boxes of cereal, along with the shelf stable milk or soymilk in the 1 liter or individual serving boxes if available. The individual serving boxes are great - you can just put a few in the fridge at a time to save space. So, they can stay in a drawer or whatever, and then at bedtime, you can throw a few in the fridge. We usually do a bowl of cereal, a handful of nuts, and a piece of fruit for a healthy starter. We are early risers, and early park time is precious to us. Early breakfast in room, early fancy lunch, mid-afternoon snack and late, fancy, dinner is our m.o.

2 Likes

We go to a local grocery store after we check in. We buy orange juice, milk, cold cereals, paper bowls, and plates, plastic spoons and knives, plastic cups, bread and peanut butter… Oh, and granola bars for snacks in the parks. Now that there are no refillable mugs, we might buy Coke as well.

We skip the bowls and just get large Silo cups. Far easier to eat cereal on the go in a Silo cup than a bowl. :+1:

4 Likes

I eat cereal from a mug at home. I agree with your method!

1 Like

Croissants at room temp are lovely with room temp butter. Bring a butter bell to keep your butter at a spreadable temperature. We also like NutriGrain bars, yogurt with a handful of granola, and hard boiled eggs.

Dang. Now I want breakfast.

1 Like

Hang in there a few hours.

1 Like

Cereal is totally a late night snack.

2 Likes

Can you describe the pizza? We’ve come to the conclusion that all the pizza joints in our FL county are identical and gross. Their crust, toppings, even sauce is all the same. The only places that are different are the chains: Papa Johns, Dominos, Lit’l Ceasars.

As a native NYer, I try hard to not eat pizza outside of the Baltimore-Boston corridor.

3 Likes

I was just telling a coworker today that the only thing stopping something from being a breakfast food is the time of day you’re eating it (we were discussing hot dogs).

I like the frozen breakfast sandwiches. The ones that use a croissant.

When you think about it, even buying a $20 toaster oven at Walmart and leaving it is worthwhile if you skip one breakfast for at least 2 people.

For breakfast on vacation I think there are two options: quick food in the room or a leisurely late-breakfast meal. OK, three if the room comes with a free hot breakfast. That is practically like a quick meal in the room.

The others in my family aren’t into breakfast and I’m the early bird. So normally I eat while they are getting ready.

4 Likes

This is typically us. Grab and go from our room most days, breakfast ressie around 10 when we want to eat

3 Likes

We did all of the same things mentioned with an exception. If you get a room close to the food court, it’s easy to pop over and toast your bagels there. We were 2 minutes walk to food court at pop. I enjoyed getting coffee in my refill cup and toasting our bagels as an early morning ritual before going to the parks.

2 Likes

People define the time something should be eaten. The food doesn’t say when it should be eaten!

Isn’t hot dog a sausage? :crazy_face:

1 Like

I’m probably over hyping it! It’s a bit floppy crust, but they put garlic on it. The sauce is just average. It’s just really large portion at a fair price - plus as good, if not better than, most pizza in the parks

2 Likes

Thanks for the honest assessment :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes