If you pack your own food for in-room breakfast

What do you bring, if I may ask? On occasions my wife and I have taken our own food to Disney for a quick breakfast in the room before heading out for the day. We do it for the convenience and to save time obviously. And are planning to do it again on an upcoming trip. Typically it is stuff like bananas, bagels, pp&j … you know, stuff that doesn’t require cooking, is relatively non-perishable, and holds a growing boy like me until lunch time. :slightly_smiling_face:

When I suggested that stuff again for this trip, I got “the look” from the misses, if you know what I mean. So I’m looking for a little variety. And yes, we have some breakfast ADR’s already. This is for those non-ADR days. Thanks.

1 Like

Individual cereals
Granola bars
Pop tarts
Instant oatmeal
Donuts/muffins/other breakfast pastry

6 Likes

If there’s a mini fridge you can store yogurt, small milk for cereal, cream cheese for bagels

1 Like

Yes, and we often order some of these items from grocery delivery, or if I’m solo I’ll just pick them up from the quick service or gift shop.

Cheese sticks are a good one to add to this perishable list – protein in the morning is good!

3 Likes

We always eat breakfast in room (or on the walk to the busses lol). We do bananas, applesauce, cereal bars and personally, I have a Clif Bar every morning. Will do cereal variety packs with milk if we are not rope dropping. 20 days away and looking forward to seeing what other folks do.

3 Likes

For our last trip, we did flavored yogurt and muffins most mornings - usually using snack credits from one day to pick up a muffin for the next morning. (When we went to Epcot, we used a snack credit to grab a pastry from France - that was the yummiest morning in the room!) I am used to a healthier breakfast and eating junk daily did a number on me! It took a couple of weeks to get back to normal once I got home. Next time I’ll have to insist on healthier breakfast options, even if it’s more convenient to grab muffins. Consider what you normally eat while deciding what to bring - if you’re used to oatmeal daily, you may not feel great if you start having doughnuts every morning instead.

I just realized that this is not really answering your question at all. Sorry! Hope the advice is helpful anyways.

2 Likes

Breakfast food is whatever you want it to be! If you need a “hearty” meal, instead of “grab & go”, then totally do a peanut butter sandwich & chips! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You’re on vacation anyway – eat what you want!

6 Likes

I tell my family that food knows no time of day!

6 Likes

Others have given you plenty of ideas that we normally have for breakfast during vacation. Leftovers from the day before works, if you have a microwave. Or cold leftover pizza. On our last trip, we also had leftover cookies from MVMCP! My kids like instant bowl noodles and instant oatmeal for breakfast, too.

1 Like

My friend bought an inexpensive toaster and packed it for their trip this week to USO. They will have toasted bagels with peanut butter and cream cheese, the latter she was packing in an insulated cooler in her luggage. They have direct flights. They are on SWA with two bags per person and therefore had room to dedicate a suitcase for food.

3 Likes

I’m curious if anyone has ever seen smoked salmon in the hotel food area of the gift shop. I can definitely get down with a bagel and lox for breakfast.

All the ones mentioned already are great. In addition, we included prepared hard boiled eggs in our grocery order. Perfect for some good protein on the go!

2 Likes

I like a collapsible electric kettle to heat water, for noodle cups or oatmeal. Otherwise, a high protein snack bar will hold me until mid morning.

OMG… Yes! Didn’t even think about it. The best local pizza that isn’t far away & will deliver to some of the resorts is Pizzeria Italia

2923 Vineland Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34746
(407) 809-0000

1 Like

Pop tarts are my personal favorite - they are good hot! They are good cold! Portable! Fun flavors! Can’t lose!

3 Likes

This reminded me about what my optometrist did when he didn’t have a toaster oven while he was traveling. Hotel rooms have clothes iron! He would prop up the iron upside down with a rolled up towel on each side. Line the hot surface with foil and add the bread/bagel. Toasted bread/bagel! I’m sure it takes longer than a toaster. But I thought it was very resourceful!

4 Likes

I pick up a few yogurts, bananas, and small cereal boxes. I like the cheese and hard boiled egg ideas.

1 Like

I mean I had friends who straightened their hair this way so iron’s are versatile

3 Likes

Nuts are also a good protein that’s easy to eat on the go.

2 Likes

Yeah, I watched my friends flat iron their hair! It was hilarious to watch.

1 Like