If you had extra money in your budget, how would spend it?

Yup. It seems like an obvious business move if they can get enough people to do it. For what it’s worth, most of my friends are now doing 4-5 night WDW visits and buying lots of extras. I used to do 7-9 nights at WDW but I switched to the shorter trips about 10 years ago.

Because even better is to have them stay the full length AND doubling their $/day. The draw of cheap tickets (even though they’re a relatively small part of the per-day cost) in getting people to stay longer is tangible. I feel actively bad when I don’t stay more than 4 days.

It’s different for us, it’s rare anyone from the U.K. doesn’t go for 2 weeks. And we can only buy 7, 14 and 21 day tickets.

I also think cheap tickets for longer stays brings in more revenue to Disney from off-site guests such as ourselves.

If, for example, Disney started to only allow on-site guests to go to the parks, my family and I would just not go. We couldn’t afford an on-site stay at Disney. But they do, so we go, of course. They get from us the price of tickets up front, but then the residual benefit of us buying food in the parks in the very least. The longer they can get us to stay in the parks and spend money on food, the more they make. If Disney, however, decided to raise prices on the tickets to not really drop in price after several days, we’d just end up paying for a shorter stay (same cost). In which case Disney is out the additional money we’d spend on food.

For on-site guests, however, the finances are a little different. They prefer people stay on-site for shorter stays because there is a fall-off of spending after a few days. They want to get in “fresh meat” to fill the rooms (same room cost) who will spend MORE per day than having the family that’s already been there 4 days stick around longer and spend LESS.

1 Like

I understand and agree. But that a large percentage of WDW guests are from the continental US (and Canada and Mexico) so WDW may be targeting those guests. It doesn’t prohibit those in the UK from staying longer, but the triple selling of the parks in a single day may be even more annoying to those guests.

On our usual trip, which is 5 park days for 3 tweens/teens and 2 adults I’d save the extra money. We can’t really add days due to work and school schedules, and I refuse to spend that much extra money for just a few hours in a park with limited things open. My kids are older, so we already plan in the 1 character meal we want to do, and Signature dining has no appeal for us.

Our next trip is a short couple trip, and on departure day we’ll only get a few hours in the parks. I’m hoping there will be a morning EMH at a park we’re interested in going to, but if not we’d consider an EMM.

1 Like