If you had extra money in your budget, how would spend it?

EMM? Probably not unless offered at HS after SWGE opens
MNSSHP? yes
Memory Maker? no
More souvenirs? no
More table service or character meals? no
Flight upgrades? maybe
An extra day at the hotel and parks? no
An extra day at just the hotel? no
Dessert party? yes
Pirate cruise? no
Save it for the next vacation? most likely

I do have the luxury of a 2 week trip.

2 Likes

These responses are so good! I think Disney asked to see if they would get the money back that they lost on the discount. The beginning of the survey asked a lot about whether I would have booked without a discount and what other factors went into my decision.

I said I would spend it in the parks on souvenirs and food because I don’t want them to stop offering discounts. But it wasn’t the most honest answer.

2 Likes

As many extra days as I could get

4 Likes

It’s not on your list but I would spend extra money on the Wild Africa Trek. That looks like so much fun!

2 Likes

A bigger budget for Uber/Lyft/Minnie van transfers would be awesome. I’d skip Magical Express and get more park time on our arrival day.

2 Likes

Along that lines… luggage pick up only so you can go straight to the parks without stopping at your resort (via Minnie or other means).

2 Likes

Last trip, after flight delays I ordered a last minute Minnie Van from the airport trying to make it to our After Hours event. They told me not to worry about the luggage as long as it had the yellow tags on it. The Minnie Van driver said she could bring us directly to the park but we said we had to drop our carry ons at the resort. She offered to wait while we dropped the carry ons at AKL and then bring us straight to the park. Our luggage arrived as promised. (Expensive extra, I know, but that was a definite wow experience for us!).

2 Likes

Thing is, I’m not sure that is helpful. Because either way, the money stays with Disney. Offering a discount on a room just means the money you would have spent on a room goes to food and souvenirs instead. It is a wash for them.

The line of questioning is, frankly, odd. It is a “research” question that has already decided on the outcome before the question is even asked. No matter what you answer, it suggests that having a room discount is not financially beneficial to Disney, and might end up being financially harmful instead. (I’m not sure how they are accounting for room discounts as a means to attract people who wouldn’t otherwise go, however.)

1 Like

If I had extra money, I would spend it on:

1. a non-shared Memory Maker.
  2. A room on the Monorail
    and/or 3) Some fancy dinners.
3 Likes

It was a really long survey and this question was towards the end. The beginning questions asked a lot about if I would have gone if there hadn’t been a discount, which gets to your point. Honestly, I felt like I was answering the same question over and over again. And this one stood out because it was different.

I would go for behind-the-scenes/backstage tours. Could be (potentially) anything from the relatively short Behinds the Seeds, Caring for Giants and Wild Africa Trek to the far longer Backstage Magic, Keys to the Kingdom, and Marcelline to Magic Kingdom (or, on the west coast, Walk in Walt’s Footsteps). Because those appeal to me and have never been a part of the standard package.

3 Likes

I included a non-shared Memory Maker in my budget. But I did manage to have a few extra dollars in my budget this year after booking, so I got the Seas Adventure Aqua Tour as a surprise add on. This will be my first full Disney trip as an adult and my SO’s first trip ever!

If I had extra money I would definitely choose EMM or a dessert party from the list or DAH which is not on the list.

1 Like

I’ve not heard about the switch. Is it already in place? If not, when?

I think it’s only Town Square Theater for now:

At this point, Disney says it’s only for ‘‘select meet and greets’’ so I think they will ease people into this. And I don’t see how they could completely get rid of all the ‘‘street’’ photographers.

1 Like

I also think they may be trying to figure out if people prefer to (a) spend more days at WDW or (b) get more experiences in a shorter stay. My own suspicion for a while has been that WDW is trying to strategically steer each guest to plan a shorter stay at WDW, but to spend the same amount of money in the condensed time frame (by paying for extras) that the guest would normally spend during a longer stay.

2 Likes

Well sure. If instead of 100 families staying per year, each spending £10000, they could have 200 families stay but all still spend £10000 then they double their money.

:unamused:

If that was the case, why not end the cheap 10 day tickets, but give discounts or incentives for extras? Or maybe they will?