If we pull this off it will be a miracle (a pre-trip wish)

We are now T-minus 9 days from our 8 person 5 night family trip. We hope to be arriving on Father’s Day to Pop Century, 3 rooms for me, DH, sons 1-4, a girlfriend and a nephew. Youngest in party is ds17. So far we have overcome ticket and reservation issues and are now in the thick of a mini-Covid outbreak. Ds and girlfriend went to a small wedding and everyone became infected. Ds hasn’t had a fever for 4 days now but is still testing positive. It took $75 to fill my gas tank yesterday and we will be in two cars! Dh and I both have elderly fathers having issues, I hate being so anxious and uncertain before a trip, but we are all trying to stay positive and let ourselves get excited.
Arrival day will be Disney Springs for shopping and a dinner reservation at the Boathouse. We’ve never eaten there and are really looking forward to that.
Day one will be Hollywood Studios. I know it will be big $$ but I want to get ILL for everyone for ROTR. I plan on RD MMRR, and I have a reservation to make a droid at 10. Yes, me the 55yo mom, not any of the 6 guys lol. We will G+ MF, TSM, ST and SD, but dh and I will watch shows while the young crowd hits the big rides.
Day two is MK. Dh and I have an Ohana breakfast reservation. I am hoping we can RD SW and just G+ most of the other rides. I know it will be hot and crowded so there will definitely be a break for us old folk in the afternoon.
Day three is Epcot. Going to try for a BG for GOTG, RD Remy and use G+ for the rest. Also, ds is planning on proposing to gf this night. Poor thing hasn’t even gotten the ring yet since he’s been sick.
Day four is AK. Probably going to take it easy this day and G+ most everything. I’m not a fan of Pandora stuff and we waited for FOP 4 hours (yes, 4!) before and then I got sick afterward so it’s not a must do for me lol.
That’s a wrap on my planning. Now just counting down and keeping fingers crossed that we can actually pull this off.

This is us is the last time we all went in 2019.

26 Likes

Fingers crossed everything works out!

3 Likes

This will be an epic trip!

All will be well. I can feel it.

4 Likes

Sounds amazing. How fun it includes a proposal!!

3 Likes

It sounds like a great trip! Sending positive vibes and pixie dust that all works out.

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks I really needed to hear that. :blush:

1 Like

I know! Bless his heart, ds is a little flustered with the whole process. He asked me if the rings had to match and I said which rings and he said the engagement rings. I told him there was only one and he asked, “Then how do people know I’m engaged?” :woman_shrugging::heart:

15 Likes

Thanks! :blush:

1 Like

I love this! Also if he wants an engagement ring I think he should have one :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Hope you have the best trip and congrats on the upcoming engagement! Sending all the positive vibes

6 Likes

He should most definitely get an engagement ring for himself if he wants one!

7 Likes

I’m right there with you. We leave the day after Father’s day and DS5 tested positive for COVID yesterday. Here’s hoping everyone has a speedy recovery.

5 Likes

1 Like

I think it’s a neat idea, too.

1 Like

Oh goodness, I hope they get better quickly. Ds tested again today and is still positive.

3 Likes

:joy: Oh, that’s sweet and funny.

2 Likes

No! That’s not fair!!!

1 Like

Day 8 since ds got sick and he is still testing positive for Covid. :frowning:

1 Like

That stinks. How is he feeling?

2 Likes

Dh first tested positive 4 days after symptom onset (he had been exposed four days before he had any symptoms) .

He did a second test 11 days after first symptom onset and still tested positive. He had been fever free for over a week by this point so he thought the continued positive was odd. On days 12 & 13 he did a couple urgent tasks out in the world wearing a KN95 as a precaution. (which was more than the guidelines we received called for…they said that he could return to “normal” activities mask free after 5 days fever free)

Dh didn’t test again until 15 days after first symptom onset and he was finally negative. He needed to attend an event the following day so he just waited to test until the day before. He was probably negative sooner than that, but hadn’t tested again in the interim.

Crossing my fingers for you that he is negative soon! We all were vaxxed (2x) and boosted (1x) and while ds16 and I only had mild symptoms for a few day, dh definitely got the brunt of it.

4 Likes