If not POFQ, Then What

I was writing this yesterday, but I didn’t want to jinx myself. I was able to modify our 2 rooms at POFQ to Gran Destino Tower with the price protection on our bounceback offer. It all went through so only the virus can stop us now.
What did you think of the bus transportation from the Tower? I read that it was bus stop 1, but the last one picked up. I also read that some people said that an empty bus pulled up each morning at GDT for each of the parks.

1 Like

Bus transportation is going to be tricky to predict until the parks open. Each bus can now only hold 6 parties maximum (fewer, if some of the parties are larger). This means Disney may have to alter how they handled routes.

If a resort has multiple stops, then if you are at the final stop, each bus might fill to capacity at the first stop or two, leaving the last stop out of luck. So, I wonder if Disney might have a plan in place that would account for this and have a bus dedicated to each stop when demand dictates it, rather than simply dedicating a bus to a route.

I am curious to see it played out in a week!

1 Like

You will love the Tower! We mostly used Minnie Vans to get around and the occasional bus but only during off times so I can’t be of much help there. I do believe that is correct though, it is the last stop.

1 Like

Why were you disappointed at first? We just booked a CBR stay in December. It will be our first trip and I know NOTHING about the resort. We are a party of 5, so our options are limited with POR being closed. So, so sad not to be staying at POR!

2 Likes

I was just disappointed initially because I had requested a room near the CBR skyliner. Turns out that being near the Riviera skyliner worked out very well so I was happy.

Gotcha…I really need to read up more about CBR and the skyliner. I don’t think I realized there were two stops so close. Gotta admit, I’m nervous about trying a new resort. Hopefully Touring Plans has some good information I can use to learn more.

1 Like

It probably does seem weird that parts of CBR are closer to Riviera and it’s Skyliner, but CBR is a large resort. I have to admit I didn’t explore CBR that much and oddly spent more time at Riviera.

Agreed. We request, and usually get, CBR Aruba. Building 55 and 56 very close to the Riviera skyliner station.

2 Likes

If we are planning a day where we go to Hollywood Studios, do we still board the Skyliner at Riviera to get to HS or should we walk to the CBR loading area?

You can do either. If you board at Riviera, you will have to get off at the CBR Skyliner stop and board a Skyliner to HS.

1 Like