If not POFQ, Then What

Has there been any announcements about the Skyliner post-COVID?

I was wondering if they’d be particularly challenging re cleaning procedures.

1 Like

Earlier this year I stayed in the Aruba section of CBR. At first I was disappointed in the location, but it turned out to be great. It was very close to the Skyliner station for the Riviera Resort. I actually used that station and I ate at the QS place at Riviera several times (it was good). I even took the bus back from MK one night to Riviera because it was such an easy walk.

2 Likes

Have not heard I don’t think

1 Like

OK thanks.
I can recall there being some discussion/speculation here about impact on the various modes of transportation, but in all of the announcements re changes I haven’t seen anything from Disney addressing getting around.

Is there something going on that I don’t know about? I’ve got a ressie for POFQ for Oct 30 - Nov. 06 2020. I know people were having to make alterations in the near term to alternative DVC properties, but is POFQ going to be closed for my dates? Is that why all the switching talk? I haven’t been contacted by Disney… am I misunderstanding?

They told me it would not be open for me in December. No one contacted me about changing any reservation yet, but I called about my August stay and went ahead and asked about December also. There is probably no rush. If you call now they will put you in CBR or CSR.

2 Likes

Wow, thanks for the heads up. Yuck.

I was able to change mine online, did not want to wait on the phone.

The CM that I spoke with said that we would be placed at CSR first, then if there was no availability at CSR, them CBR. I did not ask him to make the modification. Right now, we are still showing POFQ. Sounds like I should give up hope and modify.

I will say that the CM I had on the line did say she didn’t have a whole lot to work with.

Take that as you will.

1 Like

After watching videos last night and today, I decided to modify April 2021 to Caribbean Beach. After studying the Room Finder on TP, I decided to request either Jamaica or Aruba. @Dreamer, thanks for the Aruba hint.
The CM told me that the only standard rooms at CBR are in Jamaica and Aruba. That matched the results that I got on Room Finder.

3 Likes

I think that’s a good choice especially if you are relying on Disney transportation. I had a car when I stayed at CBR, but I rode the Skyliner because it was so quick.

2 Likes

Is the skyliner reliable in making RD? I know that some non-bus options can have start times that make RD dicey. Learned that the hard way with the boat at Wilderness Lodge.

When I was there in January it would not have been reliable for HS. The Skyliner started running at 7:30 and HS opened at 8. If you got on at 7:30 you would certainly have made it to the park before 8, but you would have been behind a pretty good crowd at that point. I did make RD at Epcot though because it opened at 9.
I learned the hard way too about the boat from Wilderness Lodge.

2 Likes

Not to derail this thread, but… that really bothered me. The problem isn’t the start time, as it’s clearly spelled out in Disney documentation. The problem is that it very/most often runs earlier, and easily makes RD. The pitfall with this type of “overdelivering” is creating an operational expectation with the guest. You can’t start a boat at 7:45am 6 days in a row, then on day 7 start it at 8:30am. You’ve trained your guests to expect that boat, to plan around it.

2 Likes

Not in times past, but going forward, very likely it will be

The boats aren’t the only form of transportation with that issue sadly (which is why we tend to rent cars).

Today when I tried to port our reservation to next summer it was a choice between CBR and Coronado, I opted for CBR because of the skyliner.

1 Like

Currently I am booked at WL for April 2021 after moving my previously scheduled July 2020 stay. I haven’t added tickets to my stay yet but if I understand this thread correctly I will not be able to do that because currently the WL is not on the list of “open” resorts? Why would the Copper Creek and Boulder Ridge villas be open but not the rest of the resort? Just an attempt to limit the amount of guests?

To add tickets to my April 2021 reservation, I had to modify my POFQ reservation. I modified to CBR.