If not POFQ, Then What

Well, after 8 hours of dialing and 2 hours on hold, and, yes, I can be a little obsessive, and I am a worrier, I finally got through to add tickets to my April stay. No upgrades in 2021, FYI, so I could not add tickets unless I modified from POFQ. My closest choices in price are Coronado Springs or Caribbean Beach. If I held out to wait to see, then I couldn’t add tickets and make my park reservations.
So, pros and cons please of the 2 resorts. Also, what is a good location? Is preferred worth it? I will probably have to make the same decision for my December trip, but since I had tickets and booked parks, I can wait a bit to see if POFQ reopens.
Help would be greatly appreciated. And, the April trip is a backup if the December trip doesn’t happen.

You were working at this all day and then didn’t make a choice when it came to it?!?! :flushed:

1 Like

Also I would pic CBR for Skyliner.

1 Like

So 10 hours and you couldn’t even add tickets?!? Crazy.

I have stayed at both CSR and CBR. I love CSR–it’s my favorite moderate (POFQ would be my second favorite). CSR has multiple good dining options and several lounges/bars. Toledo is fabulous and has great views. The rooms are renovated. The pool and hot tub are huge.
The things I like best about CBR are access to the Skyliner and proximity to Riviera. It’s my least favorite moderate resort. If transportation is a key to your decision, then you might want to consider CBR. But we always have a car so we don’t rely on Disney transport so it’s less of a priority for us.

1 Like

I did choose for April since I wanted to add tickets. I chose CS, just to make a decision, book the reservations, and now I will get the family’s opinions. Since I wasn’t expecting to have to make a choice, I wasn’t prepared. DD had told me a while ago, no Skyliner. Tonight she is rethinking it.
I don’t feel any pressure to decide on December, yet.

3 Likes

I did add the tickets, booking CSR, knowing that since it was not an upgrade, I can change to CBR if that is what the family wants. I thought DD didn’t want a Skyliner resort, but now she is reconsidering. We will be relying on Disney transportation, but with limited park hours we will not be traveling back to our rooms midday.
Going to hold out a bit to see if POFQ reopens. But realistically, I don’t like having things undecided.

2 Likes

So glad you were able to add the tickets. Sorry things still feel undecided. I hope POFQ opens in time for your trip.

1 Like

I haven’t stayed at either of them but CSR would be my pick. I was torn between there and POFQ the first time we stayed on property.

I don’t really want to ride the Skyliner but I’d give it a go. My worry would be if I decide after the first time that I can’t do it, bus service to HS and EP is only once an hour at those resorts.

3 Likes

We were booked at CSR in the Tower for our March 2020 trip that was cancelled. Then I switched to an outer building so we would have a door that opened to the outside and not have to use an elevator. The concerns that led me to make that choice still stand so when I booked March 2021 last night I went with CBR since the buildings are similar but CBR has the skyliner. We won’t have a car because driving is not what I want to do on vacation! Someday when things are a little better I would love to stay at CSR in the Tower!

2 Likes

Oh phew!

I was so distressed on your behalf that you would have to go through all that again to make a choice :joy::joy:

3 Likes

So, MDE allowed me to switch from POFQ to CBR for our October trip. It was only about a 20 difference so I figured it was better than having to call. I have never stayed at CBR, so I am looking forward to it, of course the Skyliner helped make the decision. Gran Destino was a couple of hundred upgrade. I have stayed there before, loved it but no skyliner. The less busses I have to use the better.

3 Likes

I called last night and they moved me from Beach Club to Contemporary Garden wing for August and from POR to CBR for December. I have to admit a smidge of disappointment, they are not the upgrades I hoped for but they will do. But, they were able to add my separate bookend reservations for December into my package so it is all one booking. Between the 35% off, the price difference (cheaper at CBR water view than preferred at POR, no CBR preferred availability) and the compulsory downgrade of our tickets to base tickets the overall package price ended up the same with 2 additional nights. So I guess that is good. Now to see if we can actually go. The Covid rates in Florida are starting to make me nervous.

4 Likes

You were able to make modifications on MDE again? Without waiting on hold for hours?

If it was the Tower at CSR versus CBR, I’d pick CSR. I absolutely love the Tower. If not, I would pick CBR for the skyliner.

3 Likes

Yes

Thank you. I was so stressed and probably unnecessarily. In my mind, if I didn’t get the tickets added and the park reservations made, I was going to not get ths parks. Having seen the calendar showing availability, I know my worries were not necessary, but worrying and fretting are two of my personality traits. I tire myself out sometimes.

3 Likes

I have stayed at both CBR and POFQ-FQ being my favorite.

I haven’t stayed at CSR yet but have done so much research on it bc I’m booked there in Nov (only if my sept trip falls through)

Our first stay at CBR in 2016 I can be honest and say it was beautiful, my kids loved the pool, the shop there was very cute, but we hated the buses! It wasn’t until we stayed at POR in 2019 that I realized that all large resorts with multiple bus stops operate the same. Thus, why I love FQ and also a reason I don’t think CSR would be any different if the bus frustration issues.

Because of the Skyliner we happily chose CBR as our sept trip FQ replacement. Only a 7 minute gondola ride to DHS!!! Plus easy access to EP as well.

We do love all their quiet pools, hammocks and beach areas. They also have sand volleyball court same as CSR. Also due to CBR proximity to DHS and EP fireworks are visible at night. I remember being in the hot tub with my son in 2016 and watching the fireworks show!

3 Likes

You just got me excited again!!! I really wanted to stay at CSR but since I’m not comfortable in a room where you can’t open a door or window to the outside I decided on CBR for our make up trip! The skyliner was the deciding factor but the more I look at it the more wonderful it seems! Now possible firework viewing that doesn’t involve crowds??? Sounds good!

3 Likes

If you have stayed at CBR or CSR, what room locations were convenient for you and why?
I am going to be so disappointed if POFQ isn’t open for December. I am not asking for a modification, yet.
In order to add tickets, I had to switch our April backup trip. Right now we have CSR, but am starting to lean towards switching to CBR.
I wish that there was an incredible deal that would have me looking at deluxe.

1 Like

I was just listening to The Disney Crush podcast this morning. They were saying Barbados or Jamaica. Avoid Trinidad. Martinique is okay if you want to be nearer to Riviera but you’re a hike from Skyliner

2 Likes