I want a small Polynesian contract

That’s really interesting about the cold call.

I’m really curious to see what happens as we near that term date.

2 Likes

That restriction was added with the Riviera roll out I believe. Resale contracts after a certain point (my SSR points are grandfathered in) can’t book at “new” resorts like Riviera and Reflections (at the time) or whatever came after. So if they restart BC, BW and BRV in 2042 then those resale wouldn’t be able to book. But if they somehow extend like OKW then you should be able to.

2 Likes

That’s quite an interesting assortment. I could see OKW and AKL as giant properties but to include BC is surprising.

1 Like

Yes, I was aware of the Riviera restriction. I didn’t fully grasp the potential for refreshed resorts to be out of bounds as well (and what about the new GFV building?). Hopefully they will extend the contracts so they can still be in the same pool.

1 Like

If I recall there are now two separate “collections/groups” which are the original 14 and currently the Riviera. The new “group” was expected to grow but obviously TBD on that now. I would think that if they start over at any of the 2042 resorts that they would go in the “new” group unless we’re all members of Hilton Grand Vacations in 2042 lol.

GFV is being expanded and not a new one like the did with CCV and BRV so I think it would go in the “old” group.

1 Like

From what I understand the OKW extension didn’t go over very well…

2 Likes

That’s true, but they’ll have to do something to these resorts when they expire. I think they’ll extend but just wait till much closer to expiration and use different renewal tactics with existing members, or just offer the contracts to new buyers only.

1 Like

This is my understanding as well. I assume CC and the new GFV are the last ones I will be able to book.

This is why I would consider adding on a small direct contract so I have points to use at the new resorts.

The other interesting point is after CC and GFV I think the points charts are going to be way higher. If they refresh BWV and BCV the point chart will look completely different.

2 Likes

I personally think that with the size and desirability of the BCV/BWV locations those extensions would be far more popular!

2 Likes

That’s why I bought a small contract direct! Particularly the DL one coming. Although, who knows how easy it will be to book on points at 7 months.

I’m now so tempted to buy a 25 point add-on at AKL! I love that place! And it’s very hard to find a small points contract resale. Hmmmm.

1 Like

Well I agree that they are popular- i also think that they could essentially end the contracts saving themselves the headaches and just start over with new contracts-

At that point nobody is grandfathered in and they could once again redo any type of contract changes they like- for example the Rivera restrictions

Remember thier goal is profit not member satisfaction

1 Like

DL would be my reason. Or if POR or POFQ flip to a “moderate” lower point DVC…

The new GFV rooms are part of the original GFV resort. The same way as Kidani and Jambo are the same resort.

But as for what happens with the 2042 resorts we just don’t know. I don’t know that Disney do either yet. If they do create a “new” resort then it might well apply. But if they just refurb them and start selling them again at BCV and BWV then maybe you would be able to use your points there. It all depends on how they deed it.

OKW is a mess I bet they wish they didn’t have. My best guess is Disney just use all the the 2042 points that they will then own, to book more people with through Disney until 2057. Anything else is just messy, trying to sell a resort with 15 years left unless they cut the price considerably.

1 Like

My SSR contract is through 2054. So…wondering what options that theoretically leaves me if at 2042, the other resorts “become new”. I guess just SSR? (Are there any other resorts that are deeded to 2054 or beyond that aren’t “new” resorts…meaning valid for resale owners to book?)

1 Like

I don’t think they’ll extend. All the current contracts will expire. So they then need to create a new deed.So whilst they may well offer people whose contracts are about to expire a chance to buy at a special price, or just have first dibs, extending just creates a mess.

The mess at OKW is because people were offered a chance either to extend or sign a quit claim. But some did neither, others signed but the paperwork was lost. The legal standing of those owners is now questionable.

2 Likes

AKL & OKW are 2057
BLT & GCV are 2060
Aulani is 2062
GFV is 2064
Poly is 2066
CCV is 2068

Oh. Good to know! I had never thought to check. I just assumed (probably incorrectly) that any of the existing resorts that I can visit, I would be able to visit until the end of MY contract.

Silly me.

1 Like

This FAQ page has a lot of useful information like deed expirations, current dues, etc.