I want a small Polynesian contract

Really is! I saw 1 recently sell for 165 so I’m lowkey stalking for something like that again. These prices have gotten outrageous and I feel like they will bust soon enough.

I think you can add 25 points direct if you are already an owner, but not start with 25 which is probably for the best for everyone!

2 Likes

I just added on direct and I think 50 was the minimum. But maybe I’m just not remembering it correctly.

2 Likes

Oh, I definitely could be wrong! I don’t know then. I feel like we added our 25 at BWV moments prior to the market heating up.

They definitely don’t make it easy to look up on their site!

1 Like

I found this…

Note: When Adding On to your Membership, you must purchase an additional Ownership Interest equivalent to a minimum of at least 25 Vacation Points for cash purchases or at least 50 Vacation Points for financed purchases (for qualified buyers). Minimum Vacation Point requirements vary based on Resort, and may be higher for select Resorts.

1 Like

Key phrase

Well that is what I was saying, I thought the add on minimum was 25. New purchase is like 150, right?

2 Likes

I think so.

Wasn’t being contrary. Just picking up on the specificity of that statement, as you did as well. Agreeing, in other words :wink:

1 Like

I was planning on adding-on 50 points, but I could have sworn I was told the minimum was 50. Maybe it was for OKW anyway. Since they have those weasel words in there … requirements vary based on resort.

1 Like

I would love it if it’s 25! Not that I’m adding on now, but maybe will again in the future!

1 Like

Ah, sorry. Thanks!

Interesting bit about the financing but I guess it makes sense.

When we bought our first contract in 2017 we talked about adding the 25 direct points to be grandfathered in for the “extras” but wanted to wait to see which resort. 5 years later we added the 25 but via resale because the minimum was 125. I still think we made the right choice but gee I kinda wish I wasn’t sweating the Sorcerer pass.

1 Like

Starting with Copper Creek there is a minimum 50 point add on. It was waived for some very new owners when all that drama happened a few years back with the point charts (that they ended up pulling). They were very clear when I bought my CC points.

I think I can add 25 BWV?

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s 25 to add on if you already own and not financing through DVC

I think that was changed very quietly.

Around the time they changed minimum buy-in (for new owners) to 150 points AND they all have to be in one contract. So you can’t buy 3x50 point contracts any more as a new owner.

So any add-on now is 50 points. I asked if they were increasing the OTUP maximum to 49, since that was the reason for the 24 point limit before. Answer was no.

1 Like

I bought CC in 2017 and the 50 point minimum to add on was in place, for only that resort, at that time.

You may have been able to get a blue card with 25 points at that time?

1 Like

I think you could be right about the blue card. it might have been 50 points though, not sure.

I remember seeing chatter about the minimum add-on having been upped to 50 on the DIS. And I did a chat with MS asking to add on 25 at OKW but was told no, must be 50. Not sure if I still have a transcript. It was definitely since re-opening, and I think this year.

It could be they upped it for all but for a long time it was “the new resorts starting with CC”.

Oh! I also received a “cold call” from my “new DVC guide” offering to sell me an additional small point BWV contract in June. I did not ask her to define “small point”. It was a strange conversation because she said she could see I was booked for December but although she thought she could see all my trips she couldn’t see my June or September trips so she distracted me.

1 Like

Well now, I just did a chat and this time was connected to Jason, who is now my new guide. :joy:

So apparently what I was told last time was wrong.

Minimum of 50 at Riviera, but 25 at OKW, Kidani or BCV.

2 Likes

I saw some people speculating that once the resorts sunset, that resale contracts will not be able to book refreshed contract resorts. For example, I own SSR resale. When Beach Club (for example) runs out in 2042, I won’t be able to book Beach Club anymore, assuming they start selling new or extended contracts.

Is that correct?