I want a small Polynesian contract

Poly is generally pretty easy to get at the 7month mark. You should be okay. I realize the next year or so will be a little different but with Poly being almost entirely studios it’s a smidge easier there than many other places

2 Likes

Especially lake views - to me they are worth the extra points but a lot of owners seem to prefer being closer to the main building

2 Likes

I thought I would want this, but it turns out being closer to the TTC was perhaps more advantageous. Mo’orea was still not too far from the pools, bus, and ceremonial house (and resort monorail), but it was especially close to the TTC.

1 Like

That is my backup plan!

I’m hopeful! We’re going to split with BWV so I need to guess which weekend will be harder to book, the 12/13 or 19/20!

1 Like

When is Wine/Dine race? (either actual or usual)

When is Thanksgiving?

Those are your two major factors, IMO.

LT are you a DVC owner already? I bought my OKW direct points for less than I sold my Poly points resale. And the Poly contract didn’t have points until September 2022. I got 2020 and 2021 points buying OKW direct. I got in right before the price increase though.

2 Likes

Yes I have 2 50 point contracts at SSR (allows me to stay at RR since I was grandfathered in) and BR (WL is my #1 resort).

1 Like

Ok so again this is nuts to me - if your an owner already I personally wouldn’t even consider a “small” resale add on @ poly.

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/listings/polynesian/pl11439/

It’s a $5 dollar difference for Poly direct so when you start adding in closing costs/ aggravation- it’s just not worth it.

considering you can add on 25 points at a time FULLY LOADED and get your home resort priority

That’s a ridiculous price! However, they listed on July 10th and it looks like they still haven’t sold, right?

Seriously I am generally floored at what the resale prices go for when a contract is 75 points or less-

The listing mentioned it’s REDUCED- were they charging more than disney?

1 Like

I don’t understand. 50 points direct would be $12500. There are currently 50 point contracts available resale in the $180-210 range. Why would you suggest I pay $250?

Yes but you can get direct with all of your 2021 points (2020 if you have December UY) at other resorts for about what that small point contract will go for.

1 Like

I have seen some small point resale contracts listed at higher than direct prices lately which is just insane.

Oh hun not suggesting you pay anything- and if it came out that way I apologize….

Just saying that the prices some of the resale go for is nutty on smaller contracts.

1 Like

Every time I think about buying direct, I always think, “But for the additional cost, I could get X more points resale!” And then I’m back to resale. Maybe if we went to WDW multiple times a year (in a regular year LOL) then it would make more sense to get the benefits.

2 Likes

Veteran’s Day is the 11th, so Friday of the first weekend. Then Thanksgiving is the 24th so that second weekend would be leading into that week. Looks like Wine & Dine is earlier in November so not impactful. Ahh I’m honestly not sure!

2 Likes

Oh OK. Yeah some of these prices are insane. I’ve definitely seen SSR and OKW listed at or above direct prices in the last couple months. Crazy!

Can you buy 25 points direct right now? I think that has been changed to 50 as the minimum.

1 Like

I haven’t even looked bc I’m not paying $250ppt lol

3 Likes

No, I wouldn’t do that either! I bought my 50 Poly points for $150 and sold for $193 or something like that. Crazy how much it went up in just a few months.

1 Like