I Tried…MickMick’s Solo Adventure

Today’s adventure is my favorite park. Epcot.

I’m gonna try for a GOTG boarding group at seven and one. Then I’ll fiddle faddle all day.

Fingers crossed and wish me luck!

ETA…Got it.

18 Likes

Fun scary. I thought “Holy peanuts! We’re already going so fast!” I smiled the entire ride. It was a smooth ride. I never once felt like I wasn’t secure. But my butt was out the seat the entire ride.

9 Likes

Yay! Tell us more when you can :wink:

4 Likes

I have never had that thought in my life. My “peanuts” usually begins with the letter “f”.

If I ever try being more wholesome I will adopt this phrase though.

8 Likes

I’m learning not to curse.

Last night was fun. It involved Cirque Du Soleil and House of Blues.

Soarin’ and LWTL were walk on. I imagine everyone is in the World Showcase.

I don’t have any reservations. I need to figure out someplace to eat. Gonna try Connections but would like a dinner someplace.

9 Likes

LeCellier and San Angel Inn are my top 2 dinner places right now. LeCreperie in France in a super hard pass though.

4 Likes

I would hard pass on Le Cellier (my January experience was far less than stellar), but La Hacienda in October was a surprising home run.

2 Likes

Too funny. And see LaHacienda is off my list entirely bc of a terrible solo dining experience there. Everything from the service to the food was awfu. In fact I think it’s the only place I’ve ever refused a dish.

1 Like

Interesting. Dd and I ate at La Hacienda a few days after we met you at California Grill the first weekend in October. I chose it primarily to avoid crowds while watching Harmonious. We had never been before and were fine with the menu so went with it.

We were blown away by the service and the food was amazing. We even forced ourselves to share a dessert because it sounded so good (it was).

5 Likes

Just goes to show that every restaurant anywhere ever can have an off night.

I recommended Jaleo to my cousin and her family/friends based on all of the high marks and overwhelmingly positive reviews it gets (some of the other restaurants they wanted were booked up) and they said it was awful and they cautioned me against recommending it to others in the future. It was the first negative review of the place I’ve ever heard.

Usually worth giving a place a second chance.

6 Likes

The food at La Hacienda was (for me) mediocre. But … the experience (fireworks) was awesome. The best thing about solo trips is being able to decide this stuff on the fly. I can tell you’re having an awesome time. Thanks for sharing.

8 Likes

The reverse can also be true. If you have a great first experience, never go back.

8 Likes

I grabbed a lightning lane. Im impatient and I didn’t want to chance a 1:00.

I rode The Three Caballeros for the first time. It’s been decades since I rode the previous “Tiempo”-something, right? I was disappointed. It’s like they threw together something cheap. It lacked so much character and there was a real opportunity to jazz it up. As a kid, I think I would have been disappointed with that ride. Am I the only person?

I walked onto LWTL, Soarin and Test Track. I grabbed something from the brunch cart and went to Creations. There’s this Flashdance style Guardians shirt that I have my eye on.

Now I’m going to do the 360 of China. I haven’t done that in almost 30 years. Let’s pray for no motion sickness :crossed_fingers:t5:.

I have to pick up souvenirs for my mom. I was going to get a few fun treats from the World Showcase - Kit Kats and Chios from Japan. popcorn from Werther’s.

11 Likes

Oooh, could you take a picture?

Hoping. Just thinking about it makes me feel wonky.

Sounds like an awesome idea!

4 Likes

Pro tip for walk-up wait list. Put in 2 anyway. That system in particular is solo unfriendly.

6 Likes

Wait. I thought you said you got it at 7?

2 Likes

My understanding was that Gran Fiesta Tour (three caballeros) was the original ride in this pavilion and that it hasn’t changed, at least not majorly so, since opening. But the Tiempo name does sound familiar. :thinking:

Edit: I just looked it up and you’re right. El Rio deal Tiempo closed in 2007 and was replaced by GFT. I don’t remember the old ride so I don’t know what’s different. I definitely rode it before the change though.

I love the ride, not because it’s mind blowing, but due to nostalgia. It’s not much better or worse as an experience than LwtL, People Mover, etc. Also the ambiance in the pavilion cannot be beat.

6 Likes

I think she bought one and went back and edited her morning post to say she “got one,” meaning an ILL in this case. Maybe?

2 Likes

I got a boarding group at seven and a lightning lane when I arrived at the park around 9:30.

That ride is so much fun. It’s not scary at all. My first ride song was September. I laughed so hard. I didn’t get dizzy. I focused on what was ahead of me. I didn’t look around.

Question. Is everyone moving in the same sequence? Or do the ride vehicles move interdependently?

I went through the queue and wondered if Star Lord ever had to use a pencil on his cassettes. I think Gen X understands. :joy: Then my mind shifted to how do the Xandarians know English. It’s time to go home.

I’m going to do another ride of GOTG, buy some things at Creations (and take a photo of the at cute shirt) and then Spaceship Earth.

All in all it’s been a good trip. I think I’m officially up on all the rides. I’ll just have to plan a short trip after Tron opens.

19 Likes

Gotcha. I thought you meant by “didn’t want to chance one at 1” that you had not gotten one at 7. Because you can’t do a BG at 7 and 1. That is why I was confused. Sorry!

3 Likes