I Take Orders from Just One Person ... ME! A Solo Trip Report

I got to talk to the kids on FaceTime in the airport since I will be getting home after their bedtime. So you get one more pic of DD5 and DD3. (They’ve both had birthdays since our last family trip report!)

26 Likes

If you like Phil Dunphey it’s cute

5 Likes

Here please, for those of us not on FB/Insta/Twit/Snappy-doodle-crap. Thank you for your understanding.

10 Likes

I feel this on a lot of levels. Especially with the after hours/pump and dump rezzies at my home hotel.

But I prefer the “GET OFF MY LAWN” just a smidge more. Though sometimes I feel like saying the former.

5 Likes

DW’s photo might be my favorite yet of the kids.

One, can we talk about the sharpness of the pictures…my good…ness.

The personality of each child is shining brighter, if that’s even possible, than the crispness of the photo. Especially DD3. She just completely made the sun and it’s rays completely irrelevant to her current state of being.

6 Likes

DW is a great photographer! And she takes like a thousand pictures a month on her phone. Which to me is a lot, not sure what is generally considered a lot. :joy:

6 Likes

I do like Phil Dunphy. But it seems like the type of film I could just watch on YouTube and it would be just as good. Which I might do actually.

5 Likes

safe travels! it’s been a treat to follow along. thanks for sharing so much of your time with us!

3 Likes

:crying_cat_face:

3 Likes

Aww. Thank you for thinking of him :heart: :heart: :heart:

I hope you are having a fabulous trip!! (I haven’t been able to keep up :frowning_face: but I hope to eventually read through it)

4 Likes

I think that’s their mother. Wendy is the girl on the left.

3 Likes

A trick for photos in the sun I learned at Philmont Scout Ranch (each week Philmont staff take several group photos):

Have the subjects (the kids) look down for several seconds, to let their eyes rest. Then on the command (or count of 3, or whatever works) they pop their heads up and you snap the photos before they start squinting their eyes.

4 Likes

Welcome home to beautiful Arizona!

21 Likes

The actor who played Li Po, the Chinese poet narrator, spoke no English at all, so the entire dialogue was in phonetic Mandarin equivalent sounds. Hence the stilted delivery.

The English dialogue was overdubbed later, but the voice actor had to match the original stilted delivery.

6 Likes

Interesting! That makes more sense. Reminds me of the villagers in Temple of Doom. I recall from a behind the scenes film that one or more of the actors (the village chief, parents, etc.) did not speak any English at all.

3 Likes

Just landed in Phoenix. Thanks to the time change it’s only 9pm here but it’s after midnight in Orlando and I feel it.

Can’t wait to get some sleep in my own bed and see my wife and kiddos! Goodnight! :waning_crescent_moon::sparkles:

24 Likes

Thanks for another great trip report. So much fun to follow along!

2 Likes

TWSS

8 Likes

Gorgeous pic!

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing your awesome trip and photos with us!

6 Likes