I Take Orders from Just One Person ... ME! A Solo Trip Report

I’m sure this too is too late, but I did physical therapy several years ago and learned that when walking you should focus on pushing your stride with your glutes rather than pulling it with your hamstrings. Sounds dumb, but when I notice myself getting tired it makes a big difference.

5 Likes

I was always afraid to ride ToT until I learned years ago how it works. It’s an illusion. I think I learned of it on “How It’s Made.”
Still super scary - especially in that top row. But knowing I’m less likely to die helps. :laughing:

10 Likes

Interestingly, ToT is programmed to give you more of that falling sensation, while GOTG in DCA is programmed to have more of a pulling up sensation to give you that feeling of weightlessness. So cool how the same ride mechanism can give such different results!

10 Likes

I rode GotG once and it was the closest I came to puking on my trip to DL. I thought it was way more intense than ToT. ToT still gives me the tummy flips and I wouldn’t ride it more than once in a day. Glad to know it wasn’t my imagination that GotG was worse than ToT.

1 Like

LOL and I think GOTG is better than ToT

Just goes to show - something for everyone!

3 Likes

I definitely think GotG is the better ride, but I don’t want to test my stomach on it again. I wish there was a less intense option like Mission Space.

1 Like

The first time I rode GotG I got motion sickness (which I never did on either ToT) but after that on subsequent rides, I haven’t had any problems. I think being prepared for what’s going to happen helped. I love both the weightlessness and the dropping sensation.

2 Likes

I had the privilege of greeting my kids this morning when waking up. My son jump hugged me and didn’t let go for like 5 minutes. My daughters were equally pleased to see me. They even paused the TV to talk to me! :joy:

I hate clutter so I didn’t want to bring home more souvenirs to my already spoiled children. So I brought candy instead - cotton candy and Goody character gummies. They were pleased!

35 Likes

Awww! What a sweet boy! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

That makes sense.

2 Likes

Omg those faces! And pausing the tv :rofl:

7 Likes

Cuteness!
That is some serious love for cotton candy.

3 Likes

TRIP RETROSPECTIVE

Part 1: Hotels

Signia Hilton Bonnet Creek

This was a great hotel for business travelers. Families may feel out of place at times, but the pool is amazing so I wouldn’t rule it out. There is a shuttle that appeared to leave every half hour during peak times at least. The schedule said the shuttle makes multiple stops. I always took Lyft to have more control, which worked well. The rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, and shower water pressure was excellent. The room felt spacious and had plenty of storage and drawers, etc.

Pop Century

I was very pleased with my stay at Pop. I was worried it would be too loud, flimsy, low quality, etc. but it met my standards on all accounts. While the space was plenty for a solo traveler or a couple, it would be a little tight for a family, but by getting two rooms you’d still save over a Deluxe. The resort is sprawling but the walk from my room was relatively short to the front desk and transport. I was about half as far as the furthest rooms - I wouldn’t have liked being that far away with kids. Not having elevators would have been tough with a stroller, though doable. I was surprised that there wasn’t a lot of noise in my room. (Actually Signia was worse - I could hear water flowing from everyone getting ready in the morning there.) The bed was comfy with a metric crap-ton of pillows.

Transport was awesome. The pro AND con of Pop is that there are a lot of people staying there. So there are always people at every bus stop. But that also means that a bus is always on its way, or multiple buses. You never wait long. I didn’t take Skyliner first thing in the morning or at Epcot close, but I never waited at other times, and it is super convenient. Travel times were reasonable to most destinations, although MK is pretty far.

I bet my kids would love the pools. But slides and hot tubs are my favorite part and value doesn’t have them, so that’s a negative for me.

I don’t know if I’ll ever stay at Pop with my family since we are DVC owners. But it’s good to know it’s an option if necessary.

20 Likes

Pop has elevators. Am I missing something?

3 Likes

There are elevators at Pop.

I agree that Pop is too squishy for more than 2 people, or 3 if two adults and a small child. But it’s definitely my favorite of the value resorts and not by a small margin.

5 Likes

It looks like your Pop room was not a connecting room. That would certainly help make it quieter. What floor? We usually pick the top floor, away from the elevator.

1 Like

My mistake. I didn’t need one so I didn’t investigate closely. I thought I had heard they didn’t, but I must have been thinking of POFQ.

3 Likes

It’s CBR and the Alligator Bayou section of POR that don’t have elevators. All the rest of the value and moderates do.

6 Likes

I asked for upper floor and received 3rd floor toward the very middle of the building (probably not far from where the elevators are). I could hear some noises in the morning, like door locks clicking, but not super loud. I am a light sleeper, but I was extremely exhausted, so maybe those two factors cancelled each other out to ensure a deep sleep. :joy:

5 Likes

Also OKW only has elevators in 3 buidings which I really found surprising considering most of the buildings are 3 floors.

2 Likes