I may never understand why the line is so long for Peter Pan

Anyone else feel the same way? I do like the ride. I just don’t think it’s worth an hour and a half wait.

4 Likes

Totally agree. Didn’t even ride it at all on our last trip.

I agree completely. I love the “classic” rides, and PP is one of the better “movie” rides in WDW, but there’s no way I’ll wait more than 15 or 20 min for it.

2 Likes

It’s an original ride so riding it gets you closer to Walt. As a result, it’s a must ride for many. It’s also a very slow loader so ride capacity is low. That combo makes for a long wait.

For us, I usually try to FP it once during our trip to check the box. It’s not a must do, but is one I like to revisit because of its history…

5 Likes

It’s what I would call a classic - low tech but for young kids, it’s magical. It’s popularity is in part because kids of all ages can ride.

2 Likes

The only time we ride is during EMM…other than that, we have no regrets skipping that one.

Peter Pan is popular for a few reasons.

1. The “flying” moment is unique.
  2. It is accessible to families of ALL ages.
  3. As mentioned, it is a classic ride.
8 Likes

I love, love, love this ride. I loved it as a child, and when we went 8 years ago, I loved it again. I am super bummed that it won’t be open while we’re there! :sob: My whole family loves it (not as much as I do, of course), and my 6.5 yo who hasn’t been would’ve really loved it (he gets me).

Luckily — as is often the case — I have the correct opinion on this.

Peter Pan is a vastly over-rated ride that only has 90 minute lines because of herd mentality.

Winnie the Pooh is at least as good or, more likely, better and it’s easy to get day-of FPPs for it.

7 Likes

I propose a dance-off. Pretty sure Lost Boys win! (Though I also love WtP, so. . . )

2 Likes

I don’t know. Floating isn’t quite as fun as flying, IMO. (But, we do like the Winnie the Pooh ride probably about the same.) Part of that, for me, is that I like the Winnie the Pooh stories and movie better than Peter Pan.

1 Like

That said, I’m not sure I think anything is worth a 90 minute wait. Isn’t that why we’re here?

5 Likes

The flight over London is good — and, actually, the line is pretty cool — but that’s it.

And it’s really hard to take on-ride photos on PP because of the lighting. @ryan1 is always pestering me to take on-ride photos.

It’s easy to get great photos on Winnie the Pooh.

2 Likes

What? That’s rubbish. You aren’t even in the shot!

1 Like

Fascinating side note

Winnie the Pooh was written by A A Milne, who attended Trinity College, Cambridge. Which, by happy coincidence, is where I went to school.

The Wren Library at Trinity has the original manuscripts and drawings. They’re in one of the red-cloth covered cases on the right.

The library also has a First Folio Shakespeare and Newton’s own annotated copy of the Principia. But no-one really cares about those.

11 Likes

My computer holds the original manuscripts to Mindburst and Dream Pool, the first two novels (unpublished) I ever wrote. I am holding onto them in case, one day, I become famous, at which point I think they’ll be worth millions! I’m sure of it!

2 Likes

I’m with you. I like the ride, but I don’t think it’s worth over 15-20 minute wait and also don’t think it’s worth a FPP. I’d much rather not ride PP and instead use my FPP for the mountains.

We thought the same thing— but I remember thinking it was so cool as a kid.

I don’t know why lines get so long. It seems to be a quick loading ride which isn’t really long. If I’m going to do it, I’ll either FP or do it during EMH. Would never wait in SB.

1 Like

We much prefer PP to WtP, but don’t ride it as often because it’s so hard to get a same day FP for it.