I may never understand why the line is so long for Peter Pan

Last time I was there and paid attention, for every group from the SB line that got on, several groups from the FP line got in. This makes the SB line move very slowly. Furthermore, the ride capacity for PP is one of the lowest in the park (approximately 800 riders per hour), which makes matters worse.

2 Likes

I guess that’s why I FP it.:grinning:

1 Like

Yeah, I may never understand, either. That said, it’s been recently rehabbed, right? So I am going to spend a FP on it (as opposed to giving my FP to one of my kids to ride a mountain twice since I can’t).

Then I’m going to come out of PP and tell them how much more AWESOME it is now, and get a little more value out of the experience that way, hahaha.

I’ll tell them the truth before I let them wait in the SB line, though.:wink: I’m not that mean.

1 Like

i’ve been to MK 5 times and I’ve only ridden PP twice! It’s a cute ride… but i’m just not willing to wait on it. I’m doing DAH at MK in February and i may ride it then… hopefully there won’t be a wait! And agreed on the Winnie the Pooh sentiment!

Usually that just means the paint has been touched up, etc. Not really an overhaul.

They won’t know that, though.

1 Like

Ah! Gotcha!

1 Like

I still have young kids, so I ride Peter Pan for them. I think by older kids are about done with it though. The biggest problem I have with Winnie the Pooh is that it is not Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, so I can’t relive childhood memories on it.

2 Likes

I thought the runway to get into the ride vehicles from the moving walkway was a little short. It was maddening to have to wait so long in line, then see slower folks skip a couple of ships because they wouldn’t move quickly enough to get in.

I think they only rehabbed the SB line. (which is actually pretty cool) But not worth 90 minutes. Did it right before closing when it was a 30 minute wait.

1 Like

Right. But it doesn’t really matter what updates Disney made for my evil plan to work.
I won’t let them stand in line, even for 30 minutes. :wink:

1 Like

We like PP better than WtP. We got a same day FP for 5 people last trip for PP, otherwise we wouldn’t have ridden it. I refuse to stand in the SB line. Oh and here’s a photo I was able to get.

3 Likes

It’s closed for refurb right now for almost a month. We’re bummed that we won’t get to ride it on our trip. @Pod tell the kiddos whatever you want! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

These things are typically worth a lot more after the death of the author.

It seems to me that your death really is in everyone’s best interests. Your manuscripts would increase in value, which would provide extra funds for the remainder of your family to go to WDW. Additionally, money would be saved in not having to pay for you to attend, which makes DAH much more affordable.

It’s win:win.

1 Like

Hmm. Maybe we’ll just go swimming instead.

1 Like

PP will be the first ride we do at RD on our first ever day at MK next month.
Why?
Tradition. It’s what we do Day 1 at DLP every time. Love it.

3 Likes

Somehow we managed to raise our first five kids properly, meaning PP was a ride they could take or leave. Mostly I think we pulled it off because it is a movie I never cared for much. WtP on the other hand is an IP that my family loves through and through.

Then the baby of the family. She loves Peter Pan. Recites it. Watches it again and again. Convinces us to watch her act out scenes. Loves PP.

They don’t have FP for PP in DLR. We almost managed to snag nice spots in line at RD one morning, but DH had trouble reading my mind (or some such thing) and we got all discombobulated and there went that opportunity.

So after lunch, lines told me there was only a 30 or 40 minute wait (don’t remember now) and we decided to suck it up and be good parents. There is little shade for that DL queue but we pressed on. Ended up only taking about 20 minutes, I think. Sunburn aside we could come home with our heads held high and I will remind DD5 about it when she’s older whenever it suits me.

Is it the same at both parks?
I hear it is different at DLR and WDW but I certainly didn’t notice it…
I have a habit of trying to watch my kids’ faces and miss a lot of the rides anymore.

We used to do it first every trip, because that’s what the touring plan said, way back before FP existed. We missed it altogether last trip because DS would have lost his mind if we didn’t FP the mountains and I could never pick it up during the day.

1 Like

The line is so long for a few reasons.

1 - It is a classic and lots of people like it

2 - It has a lower hourly capacity

3 - The load time is Modertely Slow.

1 Like