I’m not going to Disneyland Paris!

Well, maybe.

The UK government has announced that people travelling from France to the UK will have to quarantine for 14 days. That’s annoying, but not a deal-breaker.

However, the French have announced a retaliatory reciprocal arrangement, meaning travellers to France from the UK will have to quarantine in France. That is clearly a non-starter for me.

Of course, my trip is in October and who knows what will be going on then.

I’m beginning to find COVID quite irksome.

17 Likes

I saw this news and wondered what it would mean to you. Here’s hoping things improve enough in the next month that the quarantine rules are dropped!

4 Likes

Oh no!! That’s so disappointing.

1 Like

Ugh :weary:

1 Like

I’m sorry.
This sucks.
It’s been going on here forever.

2 Likes

I’m ashamed to not know this but are u in France or UK? And do u work from home? Thats quarantine, right (for the return). And really, we have states that are mandating this with no real follow up. Not advocating this, but if ur being responsible…

1 Like

Ugh! That sucks! :tired_face: I hope things change and you can go!

2 Likes

I live in the UK.

The issue would be the need to quarantine on arrival in France for 14 days.

2 Likes

i don’t like this at all.

1 Like

Wait, isn’t the UK part of France?

4 Likes

You have to quarantine for 14 days when traveling to Hawaii, well I’ve not checked recently, and the state has actually been following up on travelers leaving their hotel rooms. I don’t know where the article is anymore but travelers were caught due to postings on facebook or hotel employees reporting guests to authorities. We cancelled our Aulani trip due to the quarantining rule. I wonder if they would track in France or the UK, do they have the capacity?.

1 Like

The UK in England, Scotland, N. Ireland, and Wales. These are separate countries in Europe that make the collective U.K. France is a separate country in Europe.

1 Like

No, I’m pretty sure it’s all France. :wink:

6 Likes

In much the same way that the US is a province of Canada.

It would certainly be better off it were #politics #biden2020

Yes. That’s right. I went there. Deal with it.

11 Likes

Frankly, right now, I would infinitely prefer it if Britain were a department of France. I would take Macron as our leader any day of the week, rather than the bloated, lying, incompetent, self-serving charlatan we currently have.

France is a stunningly beautiful country with exquisite art, architecture, food and wine. The newly-expanded French pavillon at Epcot is easily the best under all headings. Impressions de France makes me cry, not least because of the breathtakingly idiotic act of self-harm the UK was deceived into taking in 2016.

Happy now? Hmm?

8 Likes

Not really, I wanted you to attack me personally for my lack of world geography knowledge.

6 Likes

That would have been mean, and I simply don’t know how to be cruel like that.

Besides, everyone knows Americans are dumb and are wholly unaware of the existence of other countries.

8 Likes

Close enough, I’ll take it!

3 Likes

Which does make me wonder where you think illegal immigrants come from.

7 Likes

We used to call them illegal aliens because they come from outer space.

6 Likes