I’m HERE! A trip report

Oh yeah, I see now that they’re attached to the back of the gunner seats, so it’s mostly an issue for engineers. And it wraps around to the side of the seat a little bit, so that makes sense how @Jsanta26 bumped into it a few times. I think parties of 3-4 have the advantage then, where for sure no one has to be an engineer.

Yeah it would sure stink to be alone in the back!

Back to the hotel and kudos to the manager at the front desk for saying “no problem, my pleasure” when I asked for a late checkout. Sent a cast compliment her way on twitter. This will make things sooo much easier in the AM.
DD6 is extra tired today. She usually gets around 10-11 hrs of sleep and she’s been getting 8-9 the past few days. It hit her hard tonight. We are going to AK early tomorrow so I hope she does ok. It’s our travel day too so It’s just going to be a long day for her.
We went to Raglan Road for dinner tonight. I got the beef and hubs got the 12 hour pork shoulder. Both were delicious and we didn’t order dessert. DD6’s fish and chips were tasty.
This kid needs veggies when she gets home. I wish Disney had more options for kids. Some of it is that she is a bit picky but she’s had chicken nuggets/fried fish/Mac and cheese or pizza for lunch and dinner every night .

3 Likes

Oops hit post by accident.
Anyways, food was yummy, she loved the dancers!!
And now everyone is ready for bed!

11 Likes

We’ve had a picky eater at the World - she absolutely wouldn’t eat any thing on the kids’ menus.
Wound up ordering off the appetizer menu for her until she got enough appetite for entrees. But then DH started ordering an appetizer as his entree. Killed the dining plan . . .

1 Like

Sounds like a great trip! Loved following along!

I’m sorry I didn’t post yesterday, it was a long travel day!
We woke up early for CBR and packed mostly everything. We got the bus stop and 7:15 and got right on to AK. We were in AK by 7:40 am. It was a foggy morning.

We walked over to the safari and were 3rd in line. We got the first truck !
The safari was ok but a lot of the animals weren’t really visible yet. But we saw the rhinos, some of the younger giraffes, and the male lion making some noise which prompted one of the lionesses to “shut him up”

Next we went to EE and hubby and I both took turns riding twice (DD6 told me last summer when she rode it that it was a “once in a lifetime ride :rofl:)

Next we headed to Pandora because FOP was posting a 15 minute wait. It was DD6 first time and she loved it. While I enjoy it, it does give me a bit of a headache for some reason. The line was still short when we got off so DH and DD6 went and did it again.
I went over to Rafiki’s planet watch to walk around. I got to meet Jack and Jill

When I was done we all met at gorilla falls and walked that

I didn’t see grace but I got to see her mom.

After that we headed back to the hotel, packed up and ordered lunch. We sat outside CBR and ate and enjoyed the beautiful day. I had a yummy key lime pie for dessert.

DD6 was very upset we were leaving and cried on the tragical express to the airport.

We went to our gate and our plane was there but didn’t board until an hour past our boarding time because they were checking some mechanical things. We finally boarded up and headed home. We landed around 8:30 pm and arrived home a little before 10.

Overall a pretty great trip (although too short)
I hope you enjoyed following along, and we will be back in April to do it again!

13 Likes