I Just Want to Quit My Job and Live on the Beach and Go to WDW Every Month

Is that too much to ask? :blush:

What Disney lifestyle have you been daydreaming about lately?

20 Likes

I want to live on the coast too #newlifegoals

As for WDW, my dream would be to go back in time. Anytime 2019 and before would be fine. I’d even go back to the cake castle!!!

4 Likes

If I could freeze time, maybe I’d go to WDW in December 2019 - early January 2020 (before the word COVID had been coined). Galaxy’s Edge including RotR would be nice! I still haven’t ridden it.

But actually I’m looking forward to WDW in like 5 years when all the big new announced rides are in full and smooth operation, all regular operations are back to normal, etc. Lots to look forward to once the pandemic is ancient history!

7 Likes

I just want theaters open and no masks and to be able to leave my state. Even if I had to live somewhere colder than I do now!

(Ironically, I did look up cruise fares today for the first time since I booked once last August I had to cancel our May cruise just before Cmas bc the college changed their dates.)

5 Likes

VIVA 2019!

Agreed!

3 Likes

I thought you were leaving NY?

Here in AZ theaters are open (very sparsely attended). You have to wear a mask and they only let you book certain seats to enforce distancing. I went to see Wonder Woman a couple weeks ago and it was a great experience.

Masks are required in my county but I’m sure there are others (or other states) where they are not.

2 Likes

Remember when everyone said 2019 was the worst year? Wow how wrong they were. It was an amazing year. The only bad thing was the “gift” it left over in the form of COVID-19.

1 Like

Some of our theaters just opened again, and we were booked to do the same until we got the positive tests. We’ll use that credit when we get around to it.

1 Like

Oh man, I’ve got a few things rolling around in my head.

I’m probably about 6-8 years out from retiring (C’mon stock market!), have been daydreaming about a super long WDW trip, maybe renting a house nearby and having my family in Miami and NY all stay over.

Getting an AP and just hitting the parks and resorts every day for whatever - just using touring plans for headliner tactics and shooting from the hip for the rest.

Non-WDW: I love a good road trip, just want to get in a car and drive across country checking out national parks, museums, and restaurants.

Also want to go visit my cousins in Ireland and the Czech Republic and expand my kids’ horizons. Hopefully a Christmastime trip… ahhh.

9 Likes

As long as you never retire from finding PE and HW deals!! We’re counting on you. :grinning:

7 Likes

I would love to combine a few days at WDW with a visit down south to Everglades, Dry Tortugas and Biscayne National parks! I am on a quest! Not sure I’ll be able to visit all of the Alaska parks, but would love to be able to say I’ve visited all the National Parks. They just added another one, making it a little harder for me!

4 Likes

You pretty much nailed it. Win the lottery, retire crazy early, WDW every weekend.

4 Likes

I’ve been working remotely since March .
Can’t help but think that if I lived in Orlando area and had an AP what would stop me from commuting daily to MK with my laptop, grabbing a Dole Whip or 5 while working from a bench on property?

6 Likes

Our theaters were open for a while this summer. A few weeks. My son watched five movies in 12 days before they were cut off again. :expressionless::expressionless:

And yes. We are hoping to move. We have a few projects underway before we list the house. :green_heart::orange_heart:

Who said this? 2019 was a fabulous fabulous year for me and mine.
And we had all the toilet paper we could have ever wanted. :wink:

6 Likes

Yes. So much yes.
My girls have been reviewing our family blog and our many road trips. As I’m packing boxes of photo albums we are reminiscing.

I realized this weekend why Bolt is probably my favorite Disney movie —- the whole movie is a road trip!

3 Likes

That was our exact plan last May. Oh well, we’ll make it all up eventually.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

This guy has been to all 419 National Parks! It took him three years traveling basically full time.

:joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Saskatchewan? Aren’t you Buffalo-ish where they get all the snow and all the cold?

3 Likes

I’m just aiming for the 62 official National Parks - not even gonna try for all the monuments and historic sites, etc. If only I didn’t have to work …

2 Likes