I Just Want to Quit My Job and Live on the Beach and Go to WDW Every Month

I just want to winter in Disney, I’m so sick of the cold but I also love the rest of the New England seasons. And also I can only take so much “florida man”

6 Likes

Yes, but I’m thinking either DLR or DL Paris.

1 Like

I love this idea. You’ve just given me a new life goal to look forward to! Thanks!

2 Likes

Yes! I feel this post! I have so much pandemic fatigue it’s unreal. I help take care of my dad who is very high risk and I want to take a vacation so bad!
I have started planning a May 2022 trip and I’m constantly planning and daydreaming about it. I wish I could buy a crazy number of DVC points and visit WDW quarterly with different groups of friends and family.

3 Likes

I’m outside Rochester and I PTL everyday that we’ve had as mild of a winter as we’ve been having.
Normally my rule is I don’t ever want to be somewhere colder than here, but if I could see life the “old way” I’d be willing to break that rule. :wink:

4 Likes

Why do you always delete your comments? LOL?

This meme, but the cool moving one.

4 Likes

Never mind, it is moving…yay me!

1 Like

It embeded the code, but weirdly on that one.

The other deletes because of my anxiety. /shrug

I’m my worst editor.

3 Likes

This past summer, we had a super nasty split from a business partner…who lives directly across the street from us. I still may or may not be giving the one fingered salute every time I go to get the mail.

That being said, we were THIS /-/ close to buying in Golden Oak last Fall. Until I remembered how lethargic my usually very active 12 year old gets in humidity.

That dream has since shifted from Golden Oak full time, to a condo halfway between UOR and WDW to use seasonally, to Adventures by Disney and screw the crowds at WDW. /shrug

Check back in a couple of months :laughing:

5 Likes

Me too. I was doing pretty well before the pandemic and then ever since it hit I am SO EXHAUSTED all the time. Maybe I just need to take a sabbatical. Having 4 kids under 9 is also a contributing factor.

6 Likes

4 kids under 9! What?! I have 6 y/o twins and I am exhausted. I think the fact that we can’t really go anywhere is the issue. It is too cold to go outside and everything indoors is still closed in my area. So they just run around here and drive us all nuts. :wink:

2 Likes

My brother has 2-year-old twins and I am in awe that anyone can handle two babies at the same time! You have my respect. Hopefully now that they’re a little older it’s not as bad, but I know from first-hand experience that 6-year-olds pose their own challenges!

3 Likes

My niece in Scottsdale has five under 8! :flushed: Her house is a little crazy but I still wish I could visit!

2 Likes

I suggested merely an 8 night WDW trip when things are back to normal. DW said “no way”.

So then I suggested an 8 night trip to WDW with DW spending the last 3 days at the pool and spa while I took the kids to the parks. DW smiled and said “that might work.”

My Dad always says the best way to get what you want in a negotiation is to find something the other person wants and offer it up in trade.

7 Likes

Ok, so . . . catching up here.

Our probably best trip in terms of light crowds, just plain fun, resort, restaurants, trip companions, was our December 2001 trip at Yacht Club.

My used to be fantasy was spending the winter at Fort Wilderness. At least January and February. Still working on a replacement - we just don’t camp anymore.

As to kids, every weekend our youngest grandson has his four kids here - 9, 8, 6, and 3. That started as 6, 5, 3 and infant. The 3 yo is largely non verbal but wow, can he communicate. He blows me away with his ingenuity.

@Julianne_fki - great idea on the National Parks. When our youngest grandson was much younger, we’d camp for 5 to 6 weeks every summer, visiting state and national parks. He did Jr Ranger programs until he aged out. His vest has 48 or 49 badges and patches he earned.

So amazing how some of the better known national parks were a bit disappointing while the out of the way, lesser known and sometimes free parks are the ones we remember the most and want to go back to.

Actually, since my job according to our tax returns is homemaker, a great fantasy is someone else cooking and cleaning. :sunglasses: maybe at WDW . . .

3 Likes

Ha, that is also a goal for DW and I. We try to go to at least 1 National Park a year. We are avid hikers and like to truly explore each park so usually spend a week in each one. 2020 was Joshua Tree in CA, this year we are hoping to squeeze in Glacier. I have been to Dry Tortugas, just a day trip is all you need. Awesome place, loved touring around the fort and did some snorkeling.

4 Likes

Currently I am semi retired so am able to spend 50 plus days in the parks every year so I cant complain. I truly am looking forward to DW retiring so that she can join me for more of those days. We usually use her vacation time to travel abroad but it doesn’t leave a lot of time for her to join me for much more than a few long weekends each year.

6 Likes

This is exactly how I get DH on board. “You skip MK for a one on one day with DS, and we’ll build in tons of hot tub time, and direct flights only!” He HATES planes.

4 Likes

I think one of the best things I did after my 2016 trip was ghosting from this forum (I don’t even remember if I posted back then, actually) because when I hang around it just perpetuates the craving for WDW. Lately I’ve been dreaming about annual trips using other people’s time shares. :joy: the abolishing of ME has really opened my eyes to the things that are possible when staying off site! Lodging is always the largest piece of our vacation and running numbers on what we could save by saying offsite is getting me excited. I really think Disney made a big mistake. I can’t be the only one seeing this. Hopefully for them and their shareholders, they figure something else out to make it more “worth it” to stay on site.

4 Likes