I have a confession

Mickey bars. Meh. Mickey waffles. Meh. Rice crispy treats. Meh. Churros. Meh.

I will fight you about the Dole Whip. I find it is best as a float or with the pineapple upside down cake.

The monorail is definitely nostalgic for me, but it is also a pretty convenient way to get around.

4 Likes

No need to fight me over it, unless we’re fighting over the last one! I like dole whip. I think the pineapple flavor makes it a little more refreshing in hot weather than regular ice cream.

3 Likes

My favorite was always entering EPCOT when you ride through/above and see all the cool stuff you’re about to go do. Now I enjoy most for the nostalgia as you note.

3 Likes

This ^^

Actually, no.

This ^^

5 Likes

Is that on a cinnamon roll?

I like rice crispy treats but not the ones Disney makes. I live outside of Philadelphia and can get better pretzels here than at Disney.

2 Likes

It’s pineapple upside-down cake. Do keep up.

4 Likes

I misunderstood. I thought you were showing something different/better

There’s a new thread to start. Disney food fusions you’d like to try. Hmmmm…

2 Likes

There is nothing better. How is this not clear to you?

1 Like

Wow, are we really doing this? It feels like the apocalypse of confessions…

Mickey waffles – adorable to look at, not worth the calories to eat

Dole whip – I’ll eat it every time, because its Dole Whip fun

Popcorn? – stale and expensive

Splash Mountain, fun to do when I can’t get better FPPs :slight_smile:

Carousel of Progress – great when there is totally, absolutely, nothing else to do in MK. And its hot so good to be inside. And I’m tired – as in ran several runDisney races and need to get off my feet

OK, Go! eviscerate me!

4 Likes

Listen here, you, i’ve got a kid spouting nonsensical things like “Oh no, i’ve run out of petrol” and calling flashlights torches. I’m in no mood for this. I shouldn’t blame you for Peppa Pig, but I’m going to :smile:

4 Likes

It’s entirely the drop for me. I was falsely enticed onto Splash originally and was happily going around in circles enjoying the music and scenes.

o. m. g.  

That mild short drop was nearly past vertical despite all reports to the contrary while the length is definitely interminable. I’m quite sure I lost several years off my life expectancy due to sheer terror. Eventually I expect to get this experience behind me, if I live long enough.

Btw, my first and only ride on Splash was in 1994.

I don’t think there’s enough money in. the. world. to get me on Tower of Terror.

4 Likes

I never recommend doing it more than once per trip, but it is definitely a nice break on a hot day.

2 Likes

My DH has a great childhood memory of his mom not realizing BTMR was a roller coaster. She thought it was just a little train ride. She totally didn’t realize that roller coaster whipping by was what they were in line for! :joy:

8 Likes

HM
POTC
JC
COP
PP

NMSAA

But I’m a sucker for characters. :heart:

3 Likes

My unpopular opinion—. I didn’t like anything I ate at Captain Cookes, well Mickey waffles were fine. Everything else was awful.

3 Likes

You should try the allergy/plant-based ones. I think they were undercooked. The inside seemed raw.

2 Likes

Never had a churro at Disney, and I too think the Mickey Bars are nothing special. But I do enjoy a rice crispy treat every now and then and I love me some dole whip!!!

2 Likes

All of these are so relatable. For me it’s Popcorn. That’s my let down. Maybe I just haven’t had the “good” popcorn but what I’ve gotten has just been bad, not meh, bad.

My husband thinks the Mickey waffles are one of the best things ever. I just thought they tasted like…waffles.

4 Likes