I have a confession

When I went as a child, I got to ride up front and that was the most magical Disney moment. So yeah, now the monorail doesn’t live up to my expectations.

5 Likes

I have never tried it. The descriptions haven’t impressed me

3 Likes

We always rode up front on the monorail when I was a kid! I was telling my DS about it on our last trip while we were in front of a stopped monorail. The driver saw me pointing to the front and let DS get in the front and look around.

3 Likes

I’ve never tried a churro at WDW. I hear they’re not as good as the ones at DL (but I haven’t been there yet). Why waste the calories on subpar desserts?

4 Likes

Tower of Terror. No one in our family enjoyed the physical sensation at all. We are glad we rode it to check it off the list, but it was a once-and-done (probably forever) for us.

When people talk about riding it multiple times in a day, I’m just confused.

2 Likes

I love it, but yeah, if you don’t like the drop it would be silly to repeat

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s different at LTT but it’s delicious!

3 Likes

Would you expect anything else from a thread I started?

2 Likes

I’m with you on this. The monorail track itself is ugly and a real stain on the landscape. The trains always smell . . . funky. It can be a convenient way to get around, and the view can be good, but it’s not the dream it should be.

4 Likes

Thanks to @dianelynn on my snack thread for this one. The pb&j shake at 50s. I don’t get the appeal. I tried it. It’s not gross, but there’s so many better milkshake flavors.

3 Likes

I’m not a Splash Mtn fan, but in all fairness it isn’t the ride itself so much as the crippling anxiety I had the entire time as I was anticipating the drop. I’m pretty sure I rode it when I went to MK when I was a kid around 9, I think, but I don’t really remember it. I rode it on our first family trip last year because my DD7 (8 now) wanted to ride it and I wanted to experience it with her. I might ride it again if she asks, but I’d never ride it for myself. Yes, I’m a baby. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I don’t fault anyone for not liking the drop. But I made my son ride when he was 3. Not really though, he rode because he wanted too. It was my first time to ride also.

1 Like

Well, quite. It’s not long enough or steep enough!

3 Likes

I don’t either. They are fine but not amazing.

3 Likes

I do not love zebra domes, they were ok. But I really don’t like the waffles at Sleepy Hollow.

I don’t like turkey legs.

13 Likes

I don’t like most waffles. I don’t like churros. Dole whip is okay but I don’t go out of my way for it. Having worked in an ice cream parlor, I don’t eat a whole lot of ice cream.

2 Likes

I can’t look at the monorail as anything more than transportation between parks.

2 Likes

My daughter was super excited to ride Splash Mtn because it’s similar to her favorite ride at Dollywood (Daredevil Falls). We live nearby and usually get passes, so she’s ridden it with her dad and cousins since she reached height requirement. It’s no where near as big as Splash, but has a more obvious inclined ride up, so it bothers me more. I’m thinking Splash might not be as bad if I rode it again since I’d be more familiar with when to expect things. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My love of the monorail isn’t really about the monorail. It is nostalgic. This transportation unlike anything else (more or less) going through the hotel, catching glimpses of Mickey topiaries and then the castle.

7 Likes