I have 35 disposable rain ponchos

for my group of 12 for 8 days in July. But if we decide we are tired of braving the rain what are your favorite things to do to when it rains at the parks and resort or anywhere else?

That is a lot of insurance!

On a day that is full on wash out rainy, consider:
progressive monorail resort dining and touring
bowling at splitsville
movie at AMC

Many resorts will also offer more indoor activities on especially inclement days

2 Likes

Some of us don’t like getting soaked 1st thing in the morning on one of the wet rides. Google image:

2 Likes

Yeah.

We do that one last before our afternoon break if we are without ponchos.

2 Likes

Is that Kali?

It doesn’t look like it. Kali doesn’t generally get you terribly wet above the waist if at all.

ETA: I should clarify what I mean. I don’t mean that it ISN’T Kali, but only that every time I’ve been on it, I’ve never seen even CLOSE to that amount of splashing. In fact, I remember coming off of it kind of disappointed there wasn’t MORE opportunity to get wet. The only place anyone got wet was from the waist down as water spilled over the edge at the hill. But half of our raft came off, once, not really getting wet at all.

2 Likes

It looks like it to me. It doesn’t get most of the people in the raft very wet but those lucky few are soaked from head to toe.

2 Likes

I’m one of those “lucky few” every time I go on Kali. I literally get soaked through, to the point where I can wring out my underwear. Tried wearing a poncho once but was still almost just as wet. DH refuses to go on it for this very reason. Oh, and the “trick” is to sit with your back towards the big drop… :laughing:

4 Likes

Good tip. I’ll be sure to, as we approach the hill next time I’m on it, quickly switch places with someone if necessary. :wink:

2 Likes

I know… :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I guess I’m used to rides like this that ACTUALLY soak you with no hope of NOT getting soaked. For example, at Cedar Point, Thunder Canyon literally has you going under massive waterfalls. And even if you are safe for one of the waterfalls, there are several others that will get you. There is just no way around it.

Kali, by comparison, sprinkles you here and there, and then water spills over the edge at one point, getting those few people soaked from the waist down. I’ve ridden it several times, but never once seen anyone actually get soaked from head to toe.

It does make me wonder if time of year plays a role. Some amusement parks will tailor the amount of “wetness” you experience based on current weather conditions. We aren’t ever there during the summer months, so there’s that.

1 Like

I’ve never been on it where not one person doesn’t have a huge wave come up way over their head and just dump on top of them. The funniest was when it was my mum. She was wearing a poncho but it went straight down inside the neck. None of the rest of us were wearing ponchos (we were a party of 12 so had our own raft). She was the wettest one. She was furious :joy: But it’s usually me.

We’re always there in summer though. Splash definitely soaks you more in summer.

2 Likes

Have never ridden Kali. Now I’m not sure I ever will. I don’t want to be walking around with wet underwear all day.

1 Like

Sometimes you gotta wonder if they secretly have the ability to “steer” those rafts to ensure the one who wants it least gets it the worst! Call it Disney Magic!

Well, generally speaking, they prefer you wear more that just underwear.

But stick to non-cotton versions, such as those intended for runners, etc, and you’ll dry out quickly enough.

3 Likes

That’s what my mum says :joy: but we always dry off really quickly.

1 Like

I got it full in the face (no sniggering at the back, please, this is an adult forum . . . I mean a forum for adults) when I rode it in December.

1 Like

Is that the rule? It’s merely a preference ?

1 Like

That is unclear. You can always test it out and report back to us what happens. I’m sure the rest of us would be highly interested.

1 Like

Do you really want to risk me posting a photograph of me just in my underwear? Really?

1 Like

No, no. Just report back what Disney says/does (after you’re released from jail, if need be). That’s all we need to know.

2 Likes