I have 35 disposable rain ponchos

Be careful what you wish for. I like to illustrate my trip reports. Liberally.

1 Like

Back to what to do on rainy days – as long as it is not thunder and lightening, we always just trek to a park – with ponchos!! and try to do shows during the rain parts and rides when it lets up – the parks usually become much less crowded.

2 Likes

Killjoy.

This is very true. Embrace the rain. Rain is your friend. (At least as far as crowd control goes.) Although, having said that, there does need to be a kind of discussion about what the cut-off will be.

When we were at Universal Studios when the tropical storm hit, we hung around for a little while to hit some of the indoor rides. But the rain started to become so heavy that getting from ride to ride resulted in us being drenched. We eventually called it a day. (The entire NEXT day was completely rained out as a result as well since the tropical storm took about 1 1/2 days to pass over Florida.)

There is no point hanging out in Disney if the rain will just stick around all day long and never let up in such a case.

2 Likes

Just use the spin controller to turn the raft

1 Like

That only works if your raft is shaped like a giant tea cup.

1 Like

That has been me.
Every
Single
Time

:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

I’ve been one of those “lucky” few. DH won’t even ride it anymore

2 Likes

Yes but I just stole the image off google, I don’t know who those people are. I was at Universal last October and accidently rode Popeye Raging Rapids. I never want to be that wet again.

2 Likes

I was completely soaked from head to toe on Kali. I could wring my hair out and could have wrung out my pants, as well. I was grateful because it was the first week of April, 40 degrees in NJ, and 90 when we flew into Florida. We were sweltering. But some seats were slightly less wet.

1 Like

My dd9 cried and cried because she didn’t get wet on Kali. Ugh. I let her soak herself in the fountain by the lockers. :joy:

1 Like

Yes Universal know how to do water rides :joy::joy:

1 Like

After we did Popeye we went to stand in the queue Spiderman, I dripped and dripped, It was so embarressing. Strangers snickered but I couldn’t blame them.

1 Like

I heartily second this. My experience has been that yes, it rains fairly consistently, but generally the showers are short lived (even if they are moderately terrifying). I duck under an awning or into a gift shop and hang out until it lets up a bit. I bring a poncho (I broke down and bought a Disney one last August - gotta say, it wasn’t as expensive as I thought it would be, and it’s not bad quality) so I throw that on over me and my bag and then just go back to my business. I stuff the poncho back into a plastic shopping bag to avoid soaking the rest of my stuff while I’m walking around, and then when I go sit down some where to eat, I’ll air it out on the back of my chair.

My friend and I did a Safari once immediately after rain stopped and it was one of the coolest safaris I’ve ever done - all the animals were coming back out, it was a great ride (which, side note, makes KS one of the best things to do in all of Disney because it will be different literally every time)

1 Like