I don't care about the food - am I normal?

My 14yo is only 5’3” and still eats me out of house and home. That boy is always hungry!

2 Likes

No wonder you have confused children ( you as a nation, rather than you personally…well in for a penny) you teach your children that fish taste like cheese!:wink:

4 Likes

Myself, if it came from a woman, I would think it’s sweet. If it came from a man, I would instantly be extremely suspicious. I know it’s sexist, it’s unfortunate, but it is what it is…

2 Likes

You are lucky…my DS20 would put the empty tub back in the freezer!

4 Likes

I am laughing so hard that I am in tears! :joy: They are just cheese flavored crackers; kid food!

Unknown

1 Like

I think a lot of people are in your boat; I even was back in my 20s during my first few visits (although even then I typically did a TS dinner. But I’m a “foodie” and regardless of where I go, whether for vacation or for work, food is an important part of my travel experience.

Over the past 48 years I’ve been to WDW enough times to have done all of the attraction countless times and no longer feel that I’m “missing out” or “wasting time” if I spend an hour or two enjoying a nice meal. And being a few short months away from 60, I just can’t “commando tour” from RD to closing any more. I dont take mid day breaks (to me those are a waste of vacation time) so TS lunches and dinners are a nice way to relax a bit.

FWIW, most of the CS meals I’ve had at WDW have been unobjectionable and serve the need for eating something, but are not something to look forward to (there are a few isolated exceptions that I do really like, but very few). But it’s still better than Busch Gardens, Sea World, and much better than Six Flags food

2 Likes

The food is secondary for us as well. Actually, more like third. Parks, resort amenities,(the pool!)
and then the food. I do, however, spend time researching the food quite a bit - only to avoid the landmines. The food quality can be VERY poor, and I really don’t like paying the Rat’s premium prices for utter garbage. I’ll pay the wdw premium for the food that is edible. Most of it is not great, some is better than others. I search for the stuff that is decent for the premium prices, like Flame Tree. It’s not great, but for Disney QS, it’s good. You can easily wind up paying 14.99 for a pile of trash at one place, but if you figure out the decent places, and target them, you might find a 14.99 qs meal that is actually a decent value for the quality.

2 Likes

God yes, Six Flags food is worse than dog food !!!

Love the Goldfish !!!

Dunno if you have the fancy ones in the US like we do: pizza flavour, parmesan flavour, BBQ and more !!!

I wouldn’t think anything of it. But we are kind of used to it with her- she gets free stuff all the time. Every time we go to the farmer’s market she comes home with flowers, mini pies, apples… all collected along the way from people who feel the desire to give her something. Never happens with her brother, though. I would only be suspicious if someone wanted to take my child away to give them something and s/he was out of my sight. If I’m standing there and someone offered to buy her ice cream, I would see it as a nice gesture.

Especially at Disney, now that I understand about people having extra FP, dining credits, overall pixie dust, I would just say thank you and appreciate the magic.

1 Like

We have all of those flavors. And just yesterday I saw Mickey Goldfish; “regular” Goldfish with red “hidden Mickey” crackers mixed in.

2 Likes

No kidding! Even worse, are animal crackers!

I mean, we’re feeding them plant-based, carb-loaded cookies shaped like animals.

1 Like

Do you eat dog food frequently?

That’s a very personal question!:joy:

1 Like

Yes. But it’s coming from a guy who openly shares his preferences in underwear, so I think it’s all good! :wink:

1 Like

We have animal biscuits, ours are Cadbury’s I think - very yummy!

ETA -

It is just odd, don’t you think? Vegetarian animal-shaped food! Maybe it’s an attempt to brainwash children into becoming carnivores?

1 Like

I never thought about it. I think when you grow up with something, you tend to just accept it. Plus I don’t think I’d ever think of biscuits as vegetarian, even though there’s no meat in them!

Now cheese flavoured fish shapes, that’s weird! We used to have fish and chip shaped snacks but they were fish and chip flavoured.

And it turns out that first, you can still buy them and second, I am lying about the flavour! They are salt and vinegar.

1 Like

Those look delicious. Why do our animal crackers not have chocolate?!

2 Likes

They are so good.

1 Like