I don't care about the food - am I normal?

I’d prefer an ADR window like FPP. I’ve had to wait for a considerable amount of time to be seated (ahem, Crystal Palace and Coral Reef) after rushing from something to be on time for the ADR.

2 Likes

Don’t need to be tall to eat a lot. I have 2 average height boys and we can’t keep food in the house.

3 Likes

All true.

They’re great for a light breakfast, having a “snack morning/afternoon” and get several snacks to share instead of a meal, and for bringing home packages treats for friends/family/yourselves.

I could never keep track of the DDP, and it looks like it’s too much food for us anyway. I do have two teen boys and a girl (now young adults) who can eat to match her brothers, but that’s not saying much. They all three are toothpicks. We would for sure have wasted food or credits and I’m not down with that.

Now they are off on their own at the parks a lot, I really can’t see them adhering to any kind of plan other than "Show up here at this time, " for the one ADR we do at lunch.

1 Like

I agree with you, @Twynyrodyn- most of the snacks at Disney look totally disgusting to me (well, you didn’t use that word, but I will ;). Waaaay too much sugar or carbs or whatever. Just too much. All my ADRs involve places I can get salads and veggie-forward meals- there especially seems to be a lack of quality healthy food in MK and HS.

My 7 year old daughter, on the other hand, is most looking forward to the snacks. She only wants to go to WWHP so she can go to Honeydukes. I made an off-hand comment that since it’ll be hot out, we’ll have to eat a lot of ice cream at Disney. She has been asking me ever since about it- how many times a day, what will the flavors be, etc… I got a couple of $5 gift certificates from movie rewards, and told them they could each use one for some kind of snack whenever they want, so if we walk by the bakery and she wants a rose gold cupcake and I say not right now, she can override that decision by saying she wants to use her gift card. She has since been asking me all about gift cards and how they work and if she can use them more than once, scheming about how many snacks she can get. This seems so important to her that I’m considering getting her one card per park. (I know most snacks are over $5, especially with the recent price increases, I told her I’d cover the extra $1-$2 if the snack of choice went over $5).

4 Likes

This is like back in the day when they used to take your tonsils out if you sneezed wrong. I remember everyone just saying that if you get your tonsils out, you get to eat as much ice cream as you want! At least, that’s the propaganda that was spread among the kids. It almost made it so we HOPED to get our tonsils out! :wink:

2 Likes

Absolutely , I was just hoping the op would see my family in the world and donate their snacks to my giant teenagers :laughing:

5 Likes

:joy::joy:

2 Likes

I think that is very normal, but I don’t care about food. We did a few character meals on our trip last month, but wouldn’t have done them had it not been for the characters. In fact we spent $250 on Akershus dinner where none our our 4 girls ate a single bite of their pizza because “it was too red”. However, they did get to see a lot of princesses so that was a win and worth it. We did really enjoy the food at Garden Grill though as it was very typical American breakfast food in a low key atmosphere. We didn’t get a single snack in the park. The girls were quite content with baggies of goldfish and most of the snacks seem too sugary, but we eat rather healthy at home.

1 Like

Hahahaha…but as you can expect, we don’t do the Dining Plans LOL

1 Like

That is funny…but thank goodness she has a healthy attitude towards and no fear of food.:slight_smile:. So…serious question…if your DD is in a queue for ice cream and some random, old Welsh woman ( with an odd way of speaking English​:wink:) offers to pay for her ice cream, would warning bells be ringing in your head, thinking potential child abductor! Given that the stereotype of the monsters who hurt children, is that they entice children with sweets, how does one give away snack/pudding credits without appearing sinister? I would ask the parent of course but would it still seem, well …suspicious? Is this my British reserve going into overdrive or am I ‘normal’ to be concerned about this?

??? So I am thinking goldfish swimming in a plastic bag, trying to avoid grasping fingers.:fearful:

1 Like

No, silly. They swim in boxes and bags!

2 Likes

I don’t think you are out of the ordinary. There are plenty of people who could care less. We, however, enjoy eating in Disney World. I have a husband and 3 growing boys as well, so food is kind of important. :slightly_smiling_face:. We don’t go for all the snacks. We enjoy the snacks in France at Epcot, some ice cream, and cupcakes. Other than that, they aren’t really worth it to me, so we bring our own if we aren’t on the dining plan.

1 Like

They haven’t swum across the Atlantic yet. When I was a child, you could win goldfish, real live ones ( well alive for a while :confused:) at fun fairs. They just gave them to you in a plastic bag with some water.

I’ve tried to give away Fantasmic dining package tickets and been looked at like I was trying to give someone their first born’s severed head, so I’d guess there will be suspicion. Maybe not from everyone.

You could maybe pay in advance for say, 2 dole whips, or a Mickey bar, and let the CM decide who to give the magical moment to?

1 Like

I think it is the first introduction to the Circle of Life!

Anyhow, Goldfish (the cheese-flavored snack crackers) seem to be synonymous with toddlers and snacks over here in the States.

1 Like

Bwahaha! My nephew is 6’ 9” and I saw how much he ate and it was frightening for me, as I had two small boys at the time. I was relieved that my two didn’t seem to be on that track (at 13 and 14 they are about 5’7”). That relief was short lived! They eat us out of house and home! Best of luck to you and your grocery bill!

2 Likes

We’ll leave a half-eaten container of ice cream in the freezer for our family to finish up the next day. We then go to bed. My DS19 comes home from school/work/whatever. Next morning, said container of ice cream is now empty and in the garbage can.

2 Likes