I am ready, yes I’m ready…Let this trip happen!

It was a great coping mechanism. We were supposed to take this trip in March 2020 so of course it got delayed and rescheduled several times before settling on this August. When I was diagnosed in December 2021 one of my first thoughts was that we would have to cancel again. Luckily I was incredibly fortunate to have one of the best cancer diagnoses you can get. (Isn’t that a weird sentence! :crazy_face: ) My surgery was in mid-January and I did a month of radiation treatments in February-March. I was back at work in April with a clean bill of health. They just have to monitor me for recurrence once a year. It was surprisingly easy. Of course now I feel like a bit of a fake talking about it because so many people have had a much tougher time when dealing with cancer.

We arrive at Universal tomorrow moving on to Disney on Friday. Still amazed it’s actually happening!

18 Likes

It’s not a contest. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

15 Likes

Sometimes I feel l similar, thinking “oh I got the good kind because I didn’t need radiation or have anything surgically removed”, especially when I the stories of breast cancer survivors. Then I remember it was no less scary to go through. We all have our battles, you’re not a fake :smiling_face: Hope you enjoy the celebration trip!

15 Likes

It’s funny how our brains work. I feel like I was lucky because I didn’t have to go through chemo and only had to have surgery and radiation!

8 Likes

DH is busy gathering travel documents, backing up iPhones and deleting old videos to clear up space.

Meanwhile, I’m doing the important prep work:

Ugly hat transformed for safari, and two ears for DS, done!

22 Likes

Yep, yours is the important prep work. :joy_cat:

2 Likes

So excited for you!! Can’t wait to read about your trip! Have an awesome time!!

4 Likes

And also your outfits and ears are all so cute!! I hope you can fit them all in a carry on lol

4 Likes

I keep reminding myself that I can be grateful and p***ed off at the same time. You are definely not a fake.

2 Likes

You know, we are really going to have to make an “arts and crafts” three for home made ears. Those are so cute!

2 Likes

Packing anxiety is very real for me. I’ve had two nightmares already about forgetting bags or losing bags.

I took a full day off tomorrow to pack and still stressing about having enough time so kids don’t notice.

Looks like we will have to have one checked bag for neck fans and DS life jacket and the like, stuff that if it goes missing we will survive but will be good to have (the ears and dresses go in my personal item bag, priorities!!)

Present to myself, my Cinderella necklace came in :wink:

23 Likes

That’s pretty. Is it a cage and do you have a pearl for it?

1 Like

I managed to forget my brush on my last trip. I’m embarrassed to say I still haven’t properly brushed it.

Nice thing, though, is that there are stores in Orlando that you can order from and have stuff delivered if you forget anything.

1 Like

Just in case you weren’t aware, all of the pools at WDW resorts have complimentary life jackets!

2 Likes

Lovely necklace.

1 Like

You’ve got this! Pack the essentials in a carry on (especially medicine) and know that you can always stop somewhere in case you forget something. Is Saturday departure day??

4 Likes

I did but my eyes are leaking. :face_holding_back_tears:
Happy tears for you. Looking forward to lots of happy updates on your trip.

7 Likes

Noooooo. So uplifting. Thank you so much for sharing. I hope you have the most epic trip ever.

4 Likes

Gorgeous necklace!

I lost everything for a two week trip and we survived. Try not to stress. Easier said than done I know.

6 Likes

Yup. It’s hard to get to the “A long as we have meds, IDs and credit cards we’ll be fine” point without having had to actually do it that way, though.

5 Likes