Hurricane Season 2022 & other weather warnings 🐛

and Nicole has been a s-l-o-w roll or ‘late’ bloomer too, that doesn’t help w/ planning. Honestly, most local weather ppl are just as surprised as any b/c there was NO organization at all to the system.

1 Like

EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT OFFICE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Tuesday, November 8, 2022 2:07 PM

Brevard County Issues Recommended Evacuation Order Ahead of Tropical Storm Nicole

BREVARD COUNTY, FL. – In preparation for Tropical Storm Nicole, Brevard County is issuing a recommended evacuation for parts of Brevard County starting Nov. 9.

Evacuation is recommended for the following groups:

• Residents who live on the barrier islands, including areas from Kennedy Space Center south beaches, and Merritt Island
  • Residents in mobile homes or manufactured housing
  • Residences in low-lying, flood-prone areas
  • Any residents with special medical needs such as electrical dependence

While the recommended evacuation is effective starting at 7 a.m. on Wednesday, residents may leave at any time. We encourage evacuating residents to stay with friends or family, hotels if they have the means, or use one of our public shelters.

Shelter details are being finalized and will be announced later this afternoon. All shelters will be available for general population, families wishing to bring their pets, and those with medical special needs.

Text BREVARDEOC to 888777 to sign up for emergency notifications from Brevard County Emergency Management. Residents are are also encouraged to follow @BrevardEOC on Twitter, Brevard County Emergency Management on Facebook, visit www.brevardfl.gov/EmergencyManagement, or call 2-1-1 for more information.

:face_with_peeking_eye:Whew, not me

1 Like

I saw a couple of websites posted the reversal story but I didn’t get a chance to post a link. Glad I posted screenshots so folks didn’t think I’m crazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Sorry. No free upgrade.

2 Likes

Not good for those flying into MCO starting Wednesday. From MCO Twitter

But with my track record posting Nicole related news it will be retracted in a few hours

5 Likes

:rofl: :laughing: :rofl:

3 Likes

No easy answers. It’s going to be moving up the east coast roughly the same time as you want to move down it so you’ll need to cross paths at some point unless they route way east around it.

3 Likes

For my Florida friends

8 Likes

I sure hope it’s free. I don’t want to know what our hotel room would cost otherwise. On property hotels just aren’t in our budget.
Cutting our rainy park night short to try to salvage this trip at guest services. Day one was amazing but very wet and now we need a new place to sleep so we can have 2 more soggy park days before heading home.

On hold over 2 hours trying to get us somewhere else to stay and finally have to give up and go to bed. Looks like we’re heading home tomorrow.

1 Like

I’m sorry. That really stinks. :confused:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Do you think they’ll take it back too :smirk:

2 Likes

1 Like

So we are set to fly out of Boston at 3:30 on Friday and I’m also unsure as to what to do. We are flying JetBlue and the flights for Saturday are limited now.

4 Likes

3 Likes

MCO closes today at 4pm with no set reopen time. Only the very vague “when it is deemed safe to resume operations”

I might be looking to rebook now if possible to Saturday.

3 Likes

For the airport to reopen, but not for normalcy to be restored.

I guess it would matter if her bird is at BOS. If it is then they might be able to accommodate incoming aircraft

2 Likes

Well there’s slim options right now and all of them require me to lose my entire Saturday so I’m not really sure what to do. Even late Friday night would be better.

2 Likes