Hurricane Nicole ticket policy, please help me understand

Disney website states:

Blockquote
Partially used multi-day theme park tickets with a validity window impacted by Tropical Storm Nicole will be automatically extended within 24 hours to allow use of the remaining unused ticket days through September 20, 2023. In order to enter a park, both a park reservation and valid ticket for the same park on the same date are required.

Blockquote

What does that mean. We are here and had 3 day parkhoppers. We have mvmcp for Thursday. Bc of weather we went to parks Wednesday (day 3 of parkhopper) when they closed earlier bc of knowing we wouldn’t get full day in Thursday. We obviously didn’t get a full day in, but we hung out through the rain most of the day. Does this policy mean they will credit us another day? :face_with_monocle::thinking: If so do I need to do anything to get this day?

Curiously, 1 out of our party of 5 are showing still 1 day left on their parkhopper on MDE, but I don’t know if this was an error when we scanned in yesterday. I’m pretty sure everyone got scanned in correctly because I did it as it was a kid.

It doesn’t sound like they are giving you another park day. Rather, they are extending the validity window. I forget the exact numbers, but for example, a 7 day ticket might be valid for ANY 7 days within a 11-day window. They are not giving an 8th day, but rather extending that window of validity to 12 days.

I think a 3 day ticket has a 5 day window, so it would mean you now have a 6 day window to use those 3 days.

Same question. With nicole, both the 9th and 10th are significantly shorter in the park. Will we get some refund if we visited the park?

Nope. It stinks that your day was shortened (and that today will be shortened) but i’m sure there’s fine print wording in the ticket purchase which covers them for shortened hours.

I’m more interested to know if guests who have a ticket that is extended but they won’t be able to use will receive a refund for that day. Doesn’t seem that’s their plan but I wonder if they ask if they will be refunded that extended unused day

I don’t think so?

The way I read it, you have until Sept 20, 2023 to use whatever unused days remain on any ticket with a validity window that occurred during Nicole.

The 24 hours is how long it may take them to update your ticket in the system to reflect that.

8 Likes

Correct. So, if that 5-window includes the day with Nicole, you will now have a 6-day window. At least, how I read it.

twenty twenty THREE Ryan

You have a year and an extra day

2 Likes

What? Are you implying I can’t read?

(Uh. Well…apparently I can’t. :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

[checks calendar]

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Thanks everyone figured it was too good to be true!

This is also how I read it.

1 Like

And this is why travel insurance exists.

You mean if someone says they won’t be able to use the ticket by next Sept? Not sure. I’d guess no since they’re giving such a big window for the tickets to be used.

DH wants them to give our almost 3 year old a free ticket since he won’t be free when we come back to use our last two days. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Yeah sorry buddy. There’s no way they’re going to do that.

1 Like

If anyone is curious, ours have already updated :+1:t2:

1 Like

I would spend some time at GS trying to get this. Never know :woman_shrugging:

Unfortunately we had to leave WDW because the campground closed and we couldn’t get through to get a room elsewhere on property. But I figured I’d call early next week and just give it a try.

1 Like

I was under the impression they were helping guests with this. No???

1 Like

Except that we are in November, not September, so not a year, only about 10 months.

2 Likes

LOLz

Yes

Honestly did not even OCCUR to me because where does the time even go anymore?!!?!?!?!?!

2 Likes

I know, right!?!? My calendar is really off, too.

1 Like