Hurricane Nicole ticket policy, please help me understand

I understand this, just becuase I understand hurricanes and the nature of winds and liability. But I really would have though they would have try to house you elsewhere, on their dime. Did they offer anything?

1 Like

The wording sure sounded like that, didnā€™t it? :confused: The reception people at the campground just gave us a phone number. On hold over 2 hours and had to give up at 11 pm Tuesday night.

I think they would have given us a free room (with our rv parked at TTC) but we couldnā€™t get through. Our guess is that they didnā€™t have that much availability so you had to do the phone line. If I was the manager and knew Port Orleans had 100 rooms open, Iā€™d have reception send the 1st 100 families to check in over there. :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Oh wow. That is not okay.

Interestingly, I had a guest (haveā€¦) who was there when things started getting a little dicey. As an agent we have a regional contact for our agency, who communicates with my agency owner who then shares info with us. Through that process we were advised to direct guests to the hotel front desk to sort out extensions and what have you. I advised my guest thusly. She went to the desk and they also told her to call. And they couldnā€™t get through for hoursā€¦

I wonder why the process went so differently with this storm

2 Likes

We had another little hiccup with our park tickets, so when I called, I mentioned this concern as well and she gave me the guest services email address.

Any input on my email draft? I usually avoid confrontation, so drafting an email like this makes my skin crawl a bit.

Hi there!
We had a 4 night stay at Fort Wilderness scheduled for Nov. 7 to 11 with 3 day park tickets. We intentionally planned this trip while our youngest was still 2 years old so that he wouldnā€™t need his own ticket, Genie +, etc.
This was a 3 generational trip to celebrate our sonā€™s birthday and the campground closure announced on Nov. 8 put quite a damper on it. I totally understand why the campground needed to close for flooding & safety reasons, but it was frustrating to be told to wait on hold for hours in order to get a room at another hotel.
We called as soon as we talked to the front desk reception cast members and had to give up waiting at 11 pm, so that we could get some sleep. If Disney had been able to provide us with a room, we would have happily tramped through the rain on Wednesday and then finished out our 3 day park tickets on Friday after the storm had passed.
Since we werenā€™t able to get through to get a room, we had to leave Orlando, get out of the path of the storm, and return home. We appreciate that Disney did the right thing by preserving our unused park days for our return trip, but our son has turned 3 now and he will no longer be free for our rescheduled visit in January.
Like I said, we would have used our tickets in their window and before my sonā€™s birthday if we had been given an alternative place to stay. Because the campground closed, we will have additional travel expenses for another trip to Florida (a 2 day drive from our homes in Virginia), so we would like a complimentary 2 day ticket for our 3 year old.
Thank you for helping us preserve the magic for our children and their grandparents!

3 Likes

I like how all that sounds. The only thing I might add is at the bottom when asking for the ticket, I might start the sentence with, ā€œIn keeping with the spirit of the policy Disney put in place regarding unusable daysā€, we would like"
Just something along those lines. Also make sure it goes to the right person

2 Likes

Disney very politely said no, we have to buy him a ticket. Guess weā€™ll be spending another $300.

1 Like

Sorry, that sucks!! Still wouldnā€™t hurt to try to escalate it up the chain. All they can say is no.

1 Like

Since it was an email, Iā€™m not sure how to do that. They listed 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639) and the Disney website chat if we had any other questions or challenges.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good question. I donā€™t know really, not for ticketsā€¦ hmmm

1 Like

Going to try replying to the email and asking for reconsideration by a manager. :woman_shrugging: Better than nothing, I guess.

1 Like

It worked! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s so awesome!!! Congrats :confetti_ball::tada::fireworks:

So they gave you a ticket??

1 Like