Hungry now

I’m a little concerned nobody has said poutine. Where’s our Canadian contingent?

Full disclosure: I have never eaten poutine at Disney. Does that trigger anyone?

1 Like

snacks that I get every trip include the yucca fries from nomad, dole whip float, red & blue popcorn from galaxy’s edge (a new favorite) and a smore’s donut from erin mckenna’s. I also love the pb&j shake from 50’s (you can order it at the lounge/bar and take it to go).

1 Like

I’m adding this to my other thread. I tried it but first trip as an adult. Not impressed.

Me to myself: don’t say it don’t say it don’t say it. be good

8 Likes

It’s an entree, but I will smugly say it was part of a perfectly executed plan.

Late afternoon, we got 2 HUGE turkey legs from Liberty Square Market, put them in an XL ziploc bag packed explicitly for this purpose, and tucked them into our backpack.

We staked out our spot for the fireworks 45 min early and had a fabulously leisurely picnic with our turkey legs and other goodies we had gathered.

We literally had people stop and ask us where we got them, but they had long since closed.

FWIW, we’ll need to give the cheeseburger spring rolls another shot. There were also part of our picnic but were kind of meh for us. Maybe those need to be eaten fresh instead?

2 Likes

Ooooh poutine!

I’ve never had it at WDW tho

1 Like

Stop trying to get me in trouble. I had already moved on and didn’t respond.

2 Likes

Oh, wait. Do they have a mustard taste? Or pickles? Trying to remember if that’s why we pawned them all off on my DH…

1 Like

My favorite treats to get at WDW are predictable - churro, dole whip, and (maybe less predictable) the sparkling volcano at Rainforest Cafe. I really want to try other whip flavors, like the lime Peter Pan one (I haven’t been since it was introduced). LeFou’s Brew is pretty good but frozen Butterbeer is better.

4 Likes

Drool.

2 Likes

Popcorn is my DD’s absolute favorite thing in all of Disney World. We have to get a bucket for each trip and on the ride home, the moment we run out of it is a dark time.

For me, it’s absolutely the Casey’s corn dog nuggets. I loooove these. I want some right now.

2 Likes

BTW, if anyone is reading this thread without simultaneously reading the thread below, you’re missing half the fun!

1 Like

I think you misunderstood, people were surely asking why on Earth you were eating those revolting things.

1 Like

The Peter Pan one is good. I really wanted a Redd’s Revenge but my timing was off and I ended up missing out. It’s probably my biggest regret about our last trip :joy:

2 Likes

One snack that I enjoyed in MK was the Cheshire Cat Tail. My DD bought several snacks and we shared bites of different things. I chose not to eat any of the cinnamon roll from Gaston’s Tavern or the Little Mermaid doughnut. Cinnamon rolls are too sweet for me.

1 Like
  • AK: Flame Tree BBQ fries w/pulled pork minus the cheese sauce
  • MK: Dole Whip Float
  • EP: Troll Horn
  • HS: Butterfinger Cupcake and Carrot Cake Cookie

I have yet to find any special resort specific snacks I “must have.”

2 Likes

I don’t understand this. It seems like you’re saying that when cheese is an option I should choose no cheese.

I prefer it without the “plastic” cheese as AJ at Disney Food Blog calls it. There is already so much going on with those fries…

2 Likes

Also at Kringla, the lefsa and the ham and apple sandwich.

2 Likes

The thing with the pb&j shake is that as someone allergic to gluten and dairy it’s one of the very few ice cream options available that can be made safe. Word on the street is that there’s some luscious shake at sci-fi that’s made with coconut milk ice cream and enjoy life cookies, but I haven’t tried it yet.

1 Like