Hungry now

Alright, you helped me drink away my troubles yesterday (and I may or may not have made and drank one of every drink you suggested :wink:) but today I’m hungry.

Let’s talk snacks. Doesn’t have to be a snack credit. Could even be an entree. But I don’t want to need an ADR to get it. What are your favorite quick bites to get from a Quick Service, food stand, cart, trash can, or whatever in the world.

Mine is nachos from La Cantina. It’s a huge helping that’s big enough to share, which is good because if I’m eating nachos, my older son is also eating nachos.

1 Like

I will say that @PrincipalTinker was so right in steering me hard toward Tangierine Cafe in January. I cannot stop thinking about that lamb wrap and there is 1000% chance that I will get at least one whenever I get back there.

The sliders at Nomad are amazing

For a light snack, though, my go to is always going to be the popcorn. Silly I know, right? But I have to get some pretty much every single day.

3 Likes

The fish tacos in Nomad Lounge. Outside. At a table over looking the water. With a mixed drink

5 Likes

You know, I love fish tacos but I’ve never had theirs.

Adjusting my plans for (insert month here) to include a note to get those during one of my stops at the Sacred Spaces

3 Likes

Addendum: I keep thinking about making the coconut meatballs from Captain Cooks.

I’m going to go ahead and do that this week.

3 Likes

We are not a WDW snack hound fam, but there are a few we dig:

Hummus Fries in Epcot (number one with a bullet.)

Cheeseburger Spring Rolls in MK. These are sadly fantastic, but you better be ready for whatever happens to your gut afterwards :grimacing:

The spicy chicken waffle at Sleepy Hollow in MK was better than I was expecting, but the cole slaw they throw on it, imo, is sugary trash. My deal is to get it without slaw.

My number one QS meal is the full spare rib platter at Flame Tree. Nothing mind blowing, but far better than you would expect for the price at a theme park. Also, at Flame Tree, ALWAYS get onion rings. ALWAYS.

1 Like

Anything from Karamell Kuche, I leave there laden down like a pack mule.

4 Likes

Have never managed to snag these but have always wanted to

1 Like

I’ve never heard of anything like this. Coconut crusted on the outside or just mixed inside?

I’m always prepared for the consequences of what I eat. It’s a risk I’m willing to take.

Think Mcdonalds cheeseburger wrapped up in a crunchy egg roll. Honestly tasted like a dead ringer for a Mcd cheeseburger. Which, lets face it, in MK, you could do worse, but, if you are hungry, they are pretty darn solid.

2 Likes

Can I get some big mac sauce for dipping?

Must be mixed inside. Not overwhelming in the flavoring. The sauce is the killer (good) part.

1 Like
1 Like

Spicy Chicken Waffle from Sleepy Hollow! Mmmm…sweet and spicy with moist chicken and you can eat it while you walk around and take in the sights…all adds up to perfection! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Sounds awesome! I enjoy sweets, but I’ll almost always choose savory instead.

I am the same. I watch the DFB but so many times they discuss the sweet stuff. This was one thing they covered that when I tried it for the first time I thought: “This is what I always wanted, but didn’t know it!” :smiley:

2 Likes

File under savory but perhaps not a snack if you’re solo:

Tangierine Cafe in Morocco at Epcot.
Vegetable platter with hummus, falafel, tabouleh etc. We’ve shared this among 3 adults and on another trip 2 adults, 2 teens, and a tween. Eating around the world.

Edited to add this is not what Disney calls a snack and it’s $15.

We also must have those coated warm nuts at Epcot.

2 Likes

I got a couple of bags of the popcorn with the waffle cone pieces to take home and it was heavenly!

2 Likes

I’m a little concerned nobody has said poutine. Where’s our Canadian contingent?

Full disclosure: I have never eaten poutine at Disney. Does that trigger anyone?

1 Like