I have a confession

Anyone who put churros, dole whip, splash mountain, or tower of terror on this list is dead to me. (Although if it’s true that the churros aren’t as good as Disneyland, I could forgive that one - I don’t remember if there was a difference since I had Disneyland churros more recently.)

My list:

• Mickey waffles (too dry - I like a soft, moist waffle)
  • any instagrammable treats - usually too rich with elements that look better than they taste together
  • extreme shakes (that includes PB&J)
  • anything at Pecos Bills (San Angel Inn is much better for Mexican)
  • Figment (even before his recent “redesign“)
  • Character M&Gs / meals
  • Breakfast (I need my sleep)
  • The whole FPP system (MaxPass please!)
  • Simulator rides (FoP was amazing but made me slightly ill)

That’s probably enough for now. :wink:

2 Likes

That’s fine, more for me!

1 Like

SMH. Texans are all like “Oh, isn’t that cute? They tried…”

ATM, I’m missing going to a bar and buying tamales from some random guy in the parking lot…

(Only saying this because you dissed me over ToT. And there may be wine involved. :laughing:)

4 Likes

Ha ha! All right you are no longer dead to me. :wink:

2 Likes

My dislike of a food is directly proportional to the time I have to spend waiting in line to get it.
That being said, I wouldn’t eat a turkey leg if they handed it to me for free as I passed by.

10 Likes

BTW, if anyone is reading this thread without simultaneously reading the thread below, you’re missing half the fun!

2 Likes

My rating scale is completely different. On one axis is “How good does it taste” and the other axis is “How bad is it for me”

So the below (lunch-pulled pork nachos) was terrible for me, but gosh, it was totally worth it! (We’ve been trying to exceed CDC recommendations, so it was our first take out since 3/13!)

And I only forgive you for your position on turkey legs because you got C19 on my radar way ahead of the crowd.

3 Likes

But would you take it to use as a club to fight your way to the front of a line to get good food?

6 Likes

Let’s see if I can keep up. I’d never had any of these before and they were on my list for our trip in February 2020:

Mickey waffles - meh, nothing special except the shape; I prefer the waffles at Hampton Inn

Dole Whip - meh; I like pineapple, but this wasn’t “to die for”. Maybe it’s better when it’s really hot out.

School bread - Yes, please! Had a park hopper and stayed at the Beach Club. Had School bread a couple of times because it was easy to pop over there. It has coconut and cardamom; two flavors that you either like or hate.

Pongu lumpia - I really liked the idea of these, but they weren’t as good as I thought they’d be. Glad I tried it; not likely to get it again.

2 Likes

You should seek medical help. Your tastebuds appear broken.

3 Likes

I’ve got one that will get me thrown off the forum. Or at least ostracised by almost everyone, which is just as bad.

But since my WDW dreams are now in tatters, multiple times over, I might as well test out my hypothesis.

I don’t like the Cali Grill Brunch menu. At all. It probably doesn’t help that I cannot eat seafood. Or avocado. But there is almost nothing on there beyond the very basic breakfast items that appeals. Every time someone mentions it, I have another look but nope.

On the bright side, it means one less person looking for a reservation. So there’s really no need to hate me. :crossed_fingers:

9 Likes

I did COP for the first time in 20 years on our last trip and I enjoyed it! I may try it again in another 20 years, it was that good.

4 Likes

I’m with you on Figment.

3 Likes

I agree, it doesn’t appeal to me either.

3 Likes

Agree with you on Dole Whip. I love pineapple. I love dairy products. I don’t think the two of them should ever come into contact.

4 Likes

Funny, I believe that is what Mexicans say about Tex-Mex…

6 Likes

Splash is good, until it isn’t. I have difficulty remembering a time when I rode it and it did not have a stoppage. Either in a place where the music gets very annoying very fast, or towards the end where the mopes, oops, I mean the CMs, were having problems figuring out how to get people out of the logs and you are stuck in a place where water is running down on you.

1 Like

Haha.

I know unpopular opinion! More seats for everyone else!

1 Like

The Cronut

Not as nice as a croissant.
Not as nice as a donut.

I didn’t understand why it had been recommended by liners.

2 Likes

Where’s the “lock thread” button on this thing? :laughing:

12 Likes