Humor me and tell me how this looks please? Update post 119

If I could quit my job and make the same $ making TPs, I would!

2 Likes

These are so great. I’m printing them off and going to build on my account with these templates. I’m FINALLY home for another 58 minutes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@stlouie • I’m flattered by your assessment of me. I do have some information I think can be helpful, but there are many others with LOTS (and lots) more experience. (I’ve always just used the TPs in the back of the book.)

[I think I can offer considerable help with off-property rentals as we’ve been renting in FL since 2003. I’ve also visited a lot of NON-WDW attractions and have lots of road trip experience.]

3 Likes

Ive been making TPs for ALL my fams vacay long before I knew what a TP was :rofl:

1 Like

Thank you for your kind offers. We will be visiting WDW for the 2nd time this Christmas season. We hope to return some day for the Flower and Garden Festival. But with all the planning, crowds, and humidity in the spring, I don’t know if we will return to Florida. Let’s see how this December’s trip goes.

You are so blessed! Any experience to the southwestern states’ national parks or the Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, and then Mt. Rushmore? You can PM me.

1 Like

Spring is the OPTIMAL weather. Been several times, DO IT, just watch the crowds.
There is lower humidity, the temps are good normally, Feb 10th - May 20th. I LOVE that time of year, weather wise.

1 Like

Mother’s Day weekend is sublime! My fave trips are first two weeks of May.

2 Likes

Pm sent!

1 Like

Zion, Bryce, north rim of the Grand Canyon, Grand Escalante, Canyonlands, Arches. Do them all!

1 Like

Now that the kids are both away for college, DH and I are starting to go away for Mother’s Day weekend. The weather is nice in California. Everything is green. Schools are still in session.

I suppose WDW for the week before Mother’s Day is doable and tempting. Please let me get through December’s WDW trip! You all know I have lots to do still. I hope to make a dent in TP this weekend. Please be prepared to be peppered with WDW questions.

2 Likes

Start a thread and ull get plenty of help! Mothers Day is probably great time. Weather will be less humid than Oct (DL westher) but a bit warmer. How are ur TPs for December?

1 Like

That is our intent. Those southwestern parks are gorgeous! Any thoughts on when we should visit? Sans kids, we have more options.

And then we have dreams to see more national parks. We gotta hit most of the national parks to explore while we still have the mobility. :wink:

If u dont have an RV, rent one, and u can visit multiple parks in 1 trip. I dont know about western state parks though. Around here, u can spend 1 or 2 nights at each, potentially hitting 5-7 parks in 2 weeks.

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3829292

This is what I’ve ended up with…
I may ditch meeting Minnie and Mickey… I can’t see waiting that long.

I’ll be hard pressed to wait for POTC, TBH. Maybe those in my family that want to can while the rest of us re-ride Aladdin or something else my little ones like.

Thank you @drvillarejos and @ryan1 for your help!

1 Like

this is EXACTLY what I did to try and figure out AFP’s… it worked as I got most of what I wanted, except for two but they are rides that never have a long wait time.

Once I got the AFP’s I updated the exact times of my FP’s on the TP and then Evaluated again to make sure it didn’t mess with any of my other wait times too much and it really didn’t, and where it did, I made minor adjustments, or I optimized to see what would work best and did minor arrangements from that.

All in all I felt like doing a custom plan for planning AFPs’s was the best thing I could do in advance preparation because I have after hours tickets to AK and didn’t want to miss HEA during MNSSHP time so I had specific days I needed to be places. It also helped me save money from a 6 day one park per day ticket, to a 5 day since getting After Hours helps maximize your time in a park.

I still have two concerns.

First, you created a plan that DEPENDS on 5 FPs at certain times. I think it wiser to create a plan that doesn’t depend on FPs, and then if you secure FPs later, you add them in. Of course, this gives the advantage of knowing you should be able to hit everything…and likely MORE when you eventually DO find yourself some same-day FPs.

Second, you still have no break time set aside in the afternoon which means your plan has basically no margin for error (further complicated by the fact you have planned on FPs).

2 Likes

I 100% agree.
That said - after FP day I’ll have a better idea what I can reasonably do.
Under normal circumstances I’d have two days and make sure they were full days.
At this point I can walk away from a lot of these as we just did DLR.
it dawned on me afterward that I have almost no character greets. My kids like these more than rides. :expressionless:

1 Like

How about a character meal? Knock out some characters!

1 Like

Believe me! I’m trying.
I missed ADR day by one day bc I was asleep at the wheel :scream:
I’m hoping for a CP.

2 Likes

Not to toot my own plan, but the plan I created set the walking speed to relaxed to ensure extra time is allotted between rides for unexpected delays (restroom breaks, etc). I also included a break in the afternoon for further padding, and finally made use of NO FPs to make the plan work.

The result was a plan that gets everything in regardless, with time to smell the roses if you happen upon a rose.

2 Likes

I bet you’ll get it as it gets closer!

1 Like