Https://wdwnt.com/2021/04/breaking-skyliner-gondolas-reported-to-have-crashed-once-again-at-walt-disney-world/

1 Like

At least this time it appears the incident only lasted about 45 minutes! Seems like they have gotten their procedures worked out.

1 Like

Eeeeek. :grimacing:

My DDs and I wondered if passengers were rocking the doom buckets.

1 Like

My father used to rock the Ferris wheel seat. Terrified me every time. Maybe that is where my fear of heights came from.

4 Likes

:scream::scream:

2 Likes

Question now is how long will it experience down time to figure out what happened

1 Like

According to the article…45 minutes.

This time it happened in a different location than last time, and so likely a completely different reason. This was where the handicapped accessible track joins back up with the main track. I do wonder how they will prevent the issue until they come up with a permanent solution.

1 Like

I only saw that it opened back up at 8:45, but no time of the accident. Blog Mickey reported it open again at 8:40. They have some more pictures as well, but no time of the accident. Someone on Instagram could probably find the initial posting.

Here is the Blog Mickey link:
Blog Mickey Skyliner Accident

2 Likes

Ah. You are correct. My eyes need a little help. I read that as 45, not 8:45! Sorry about the misinformation.

1 Like

I thought the story said that too but it was @Jeff_AZ.

1 Like

Oh. Ha! So he did. I guess my eyes aren’t the problem. @Jeff_AZ is! :wink:

3 Likes

Oops! I was rearranging my stuff here in my office to make room for my Orange Bird sipper and I have also had a Skyliner crash.

15 Likes

Question about the accessible car - does it hold only one ECV or can it hold 2? Thanks.

All the gondolas are exactly the same. It is just they pull off some onto a different track so that they can load them at a different pace. Once loaded, they merge back to the main track. (The main track never stops moving unless the entire line stops, whereas the accessible track can stop entirely.)

As far as capacity…not sure if two could fit in a single gondola or not.

2 Likes

If two fit in there, that’s all that fits in there (meaning no other riders). But I would be surprised if two could fit, honestly.

I think it will only hold one EVC… I’m not certain but when we’ve been in one w/ an EVC I can’t imagine a second one fitting in as @ryan1 suggested.

1 Like

Thanks. With 2 hopefully we could be in cars that are next to each other or leave one at the hotel if possible. I’ll have to think about it.

1 Like

I’m not sure why you wouldn’t be relatively close to each other. Only one can load at a time, obviously, but there shouldn’t be more than a couple of minutes between you.

3 Likes

My source for the 45 minutes was DFB. They had an Instagram story and they had a report from someone on a skyliner car in the Epcot line that was on board for about 45 minutes. I don’t know if that’s the longest amount of time anyone was stuck.

1 Like