Https://blogmickey.com/2020/06/report-disney-world-will-not-utilize-virtual-queues-when-parks-reopen/

According to DFB, you can ride only once per day. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I suppose that’s fair and will make their idea actually work but still…

No you can’t, sorry. You are limited to once per day.

Even then, at 25% capacity there could be 20k people at DHS. No way the ride can take 2K people per hour, so there will still be plenty of disappointed guests not able to ride.

1 Like

@len speculated that capacity will start out at more like 10k guests per day. Still might be too many to get through with reduced capacity on the ride, and he could be wrong of course. But a better chance.

1 Like

That’s a very good point. I saw that a well known blogger had put up estimated crowd numbers and had DHS at 18K. But that has been refuted as way higher than the figure they are actually using by three good sources, including Len.

I can’t even remember now what the hourly capacity is for Rise. It seems like an age ago we were all discussing the Boarding Groups and getting daily charts on it’s performance. :frowning:

1 Like

at its peak they were saying 1800 per hour or something. But with social distancing it’s probably going to be more like 1000 or less.

2 Likes

18K would be like 66% of DHS’ daily average. I would be exceptionally surprised if corporate lets them open at that number. Bet against it.

5 Likes

Seems to be ALOT of people allowed into HS today. ROTR BG out in 1 minute. Second guessing our mid August HS one day trip.

1 Like

I know they added reservation availability… I expect we will see this intermittently as they add more availability, see what the impact is to social distancing rules, then decide whether or not to keep adding availability.
I also think that because it’s still the reopening period, there’s more people trying to “be there at the beginning.” I don’t expect it to stay this way.

They said they were only shifting availability between categories (ticket holders to AP), not increasing capacity. Although I’ve always suspected they will be ramping up capacity over time. I especially think that’s true for MK and Epcot where they can probably fit more guests. I think HS is already maxed out.

1 Like

Prince Charming confirmed with a cast member yesterday that they were, indeed, to max capacity in HS. So the good news is that it can’t get any worse, apart from rides breaking down a lot or something.

I saw on liner chat this morning that for certain days that were full across all categories there is now availability. I originally thought the same as you, but now I just don’t know.

1 Like

Yep. Watching vloggers, i was ok doing a trip to the Disney bubble. Then i saw HS. Now i’m not sure. I think Disney’s “limited capacity” in HS may be too high for my comfort level, during an ongoing pandemic.

3 Likes

For every other park demand is below capacity, so ramping up capacity doesn’t really matter right now. The only people who can’t get in as often as they want are local APs, and shifting more availability their way will fix that.

1 Like

I wonder if people are cancelling their trips as the days are getting closer, freeing up capacity?

That said, Len noted on his TP livestream that AK could definitely fit more people, so they might be adjusting capacity there. That park was a ghost town.

1 Like

Maybe, but I think adding more people to HS is a mistake. If anything, they need to reevaluate and reduce it. That park has too many bottlenecks and not enough space for socially distanced lines. I’m not even one of the more cautious people and I think that’s too close quarters. The Galaxy’s Edge boarding groups only exacerbate it.

3 Likes

Yeah, totally agree about HS. Until they can go back to full capacity on the rides or open some shows, they need to reduce the cap or at least hold it where it is.

Did AK reach capacity as well? I can only see off-site future availability, and the only park that is full is DHS (and only until next week).

With a package now you can wait until 7 days before your trip without losing anything, so many onsite guests might be keeping reservations just in case.

1 Like

I don’t think anything other than HS hit capacity.

Hmm. Interestingly, I can go in and book a Park Pass for today at HS…so apparently even today they aren’t at capacity.