Https://blogmickey.com/2020/06/report-disney-world-will-not-utilize-virtual-queues-when-parks-reopen/

Hmm. It just occurred me. Is there any reason the think Disney won’t continue to use Boarding groups for ROTR? They might distinguish that from a true Virtual Queue.

1 Like

Yes. This is true. If you follow the markings at UOR, you will maintain social distancing the whole time in the queue.

2 Likes

The impression given was that Disney were going to use the FP queue space to enable the stand-by lines to be reconfigured to use every alternate switchback.

Certainly at Snaghai you could see they hadn’t done that, and it was clear there was an issue with people having to pass each other, even though the spaces marked out were staggered.

1 Like

That’s really the only thing I can think here is that it’s coming down to vocabulary that doesn’t cast a moronic light onto Disney.

They don’t want to use the term “Virtual Queue” so they’re saying THAT is what they won’t be using.

In rides like Rise and Space Mountain, that’s not possible. Only rides that have rope offs, like Pirates can that really be done. And again, the closer you get to the end, the closer you are to people.

The Briefing room and shuttle in Rise for example.

1 Like

There likely won’t be briefings temporarily. Rides like Soarin and HM are likely to just skip that part. Haven’t ridden Space for so long that I don’t know.

And you’ll still have to keep your distance as you get closer to actually getting into a ride vehicle.

All this conjecture of what would be cut or changed in the queues, proves my point: VQs are still a good idea to have, even as a backup. Stating they’re not to be used makes no sense.

And the entire removal of it doesn’t track, at all, with all the other efforts made by disney in all other aspects thus far.

1 Like

Right! Disney wants to own the terminology.

It might be possible in Space Mountain if they utilize all the walkway leading to the main room where you board. Early on at least. As crowd levels go up, it will become increasingly difficult.

Anyone know if there was an update on ROTR procedure??? Virtual Queue?

Nope, just a stand-by queue is planned.

I hope they have a plan B!

DFB is now posting that RotR will use a modified virtual queue. I hope it’s true!!!

3 Likes

Must admit I am very relieved to hear they are going to try and spread people out.

But it will suck if the ride goes down after 4pm and you don’t have another chance to return.

2 Likes

From the official Disney Parks blog:

4 Likes

I am so happy about this!!!

2 Likes

I like that.

1 Like

Me too! I think @sanstitre_has_left_the_building would appreciate this too, provided it’s still in effect if and when he makes it back.

2 Likes

Nice, 3 separate distribution times throughout the day to join the virtual queue. It’s about time they learn some common sense from UOR. :joy:

2 Likes

And Disney was listening Randall!

5 Likes

This is great and makes a lot.of sense. Now I can ride 3 times :innocent:

1 Like

That’s fantastic!

But let’s be honest here, it wasn’t like I was saying something radical. It made total sense to have them as needed, and my stance was always that refusing to have them at all was the dumb move.

I am also glad they’re finally doing the staggered distribution times. Which I’ve also been saying they should do since… well… nearly the start?

The only change is they chose different time frames. And as I recall, I got quite a lot of flak for the “Staggered times” notion. :thinking:

3 Likes