How to use Uber, Lyft and Minnie Van in Orlando/Disney World (plus get discounts for new riders)

" The cast members driving the Minnie Vans seem to actually know how to safely install the Graco 4Ever car seats — a huge help for unfamiliar parents."

And yeah, doing it multiple times a day probably makes it really easy for them.

It takes me forever too. We have 3 in car seats at the moment. I am not looking forward to installing them all on the plane!!!

1 Like

Both times, our CM was very quick at installing them–2-3 min I’d say. Once, both car seats were in the trunk, and both were put in as convertibles. The other time, the CM had left a booster in the back from his immediately prior fare, and then only had to put in the other seat. I think it took more time to squeeze our double stroller (a Schwinn, not as big as a Bob) into the trunk than it did to install the car seats.

3 Likes

Same here, 3 car seats each in both of our vehicles. We’ve spent a small fortune on car seats…

1 Like

We’ve only got extras for the 2 oldest. The youngest rarely goes anywhere without me. I’m thinking about buying a couple of the Cosco Scenera Nexts for the 2 youngest to have on the plane. They only weigh like 10 or 11 pounds I think.

1 Like

If you truly only need it for the plane, consider getting a CARES Harness–much more portable!

1 Like

We will have a rental car so we will need them. I could maybe get away with one of those small boosters for my 7 yo (for the car, not the plane), but I just feel so much safer with him in a five point harness.

Yes, I feel the same!

1 Like

We took Minnie Vans a few times on our recent trip. Getting them was a mixed bag - some of the time they came right away, one time it took us 15 minutes to even be able to connect on the app and then an additional 30 for the van to come. That being said, we did have the estimated time for arrival so we knew what we were getting. They don’t have the car seats already installed but the drivers are pretty quick at it. They’re way more expensive than Uber/Lyft - we paid between $32 and $37 to go from Beach Club to MK - but we needed two car seats so we were resigned to the cost.

2 Likes

Thanks for the review, @erinkippen.

Anyone else have any recent uses of any of these services and would like to share their experience with us?

Considering the resorts now charge you a daily fee to park, using Uber/Lyft may not be as costly if you factor in that you don’t have to pay to park your own car.

Has anyone done a budget breakdown on this? What were your results?

I think it’s cheaper if you are at a Disney resort/property such as WBC. It should be less than $25 per round trip plus they can drop you off at the gate (except MK) rather than walking through a huge parking lot. Can always get dropped off at CR for MK. Of course if tuyo are staying in property you get free parking at the resorts but for others this is the way to go, especially if you factor in car rental.

This is no longer true, sadly. If you’re staying on property you have to pay a nightly fee to park your own car. Parking at the theme parks is still free if you are staying at an on property resort, though!

(Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/parking)

So I have a full-size rental from Costco/Alamo booked for 9 nights/10 days for $387. We’ll just calculate off of nights but I’m staying at SSR so parking would be $25 per night. $387+225 = $612. If you stay at a value, the total cost would be $135+387 = $522.

Let’s say I did the low estimate of $10 each way ONLY to/from one park each day ($180) I would save $432/342 by using Lyft/Uber. If you add in a break each day ($360) you do still save $252/162.

I think this is a tiny bit of a skewed analysis because some rides will probably be more than 10 and if you are in the position to Lyft/Uber all over the place then you probably aren’t renting a full-sized car! That was just the quote that I have written down. But I do think that you definitely can save since they added the parking fees!

1 Like

You’re right. I guess the point is don’t have a car. I was referring to not having to pay at the parks but you’re still paying the cost of Uber round trip.

1 Like

Disney upped the price for Minnie Van airport rides from $150 to $155

UPDATED JUNE 2022
Minnie Van Service returns to operation In-World only June 29, 2022!

Updated broken links and made sure info still accurate as of 2/22/2023

If they were $150 in 2020, I wonder how much they will be now? $250?

1 Like